The Incredible Navajo Sandstone - Page AZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desertfox73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Onoff
One of the reasons for the permit was, after Fatali’s images made their world wide splash, everyone and their mother, along with their ZERO FNING KNOWLEDGE of Desert Hiking, started wandering out there in search of “The Wave”. You know where this is leading, Lost MFers, Heat Stroke/ Exhaustion and SAR calls. So the man has to step in and save us from ourselves under the guise of “preservation“
same exact MFING thing to Angels Landing in Zion. A few FNING IDIOTS fall off every year and some P O S Berkeley Professor weighs in with his CA Communist views that the NPS needs to save these people. It’s called Natural Selection, cull the heard ;) ..
No
One of the reasons for the permit was, after Fatali’s images made their world wide splash, everyone and their mother, along with their ZERO FNING KNOWLEDGE of Desert Hiking, started wandering out there in search of “The Wave”. You know where this is leading, Lost MFers, Heat Stroke/ Exhaustion and SAR calls. So the man has to step in and save us from ourselves under the guise of “preservation“
same exact MFING thing to Angels Landing in Zion. A few FNING IDIOTS fall off every year and some P O S Berkeley Professor weighs in with his CA Communist views that the NPS needs to save these people. It’s called Natural Selection, cull the heard ;) .. No Offense
No offense at all! I fully agree with your perspective. I’ve hiked the wave numerous times with and without permits and have seen many people lost on the trails. Some of the times I’ve hiked in without a permit i have actually guided permitted hikers out.

Permit there doesn’t mean s*** other than you got lucky in the lottery. If they want to do something about people getting lost they should ask people if they know what they’re doing first.

But…in the end i think natural selection takes care of itself so I’m all for that method. Wilderness travel isn’t like driving to Starbucks. Just because people have a gps and Google doesn’t mean they should be there.

Here’s one from a visit long ago:

Attachments

• 64E5735A-EE34-4CFD-A71B-437A6FE5D95E.jpeg
    64E5735A-EE34-4CFD-A71B-437A6FE5D95E.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 5
OP
OP
John M BUNMAN

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Onoff

No

No offense at all! I fully agree with your perspective. I’ve hiked the wave numerous times with and without permits and have seen many people lost on the trails. Some of the times I’ve hiked in without a permit i have actually guided permitted hikers out.

Permit there doesn’t mean s*** other than you got lucky in the lottery. If they want to do something about people getting lost they should ask people if they know what they’re doing first.

But…in the end i think natural selection takes care of itself so I’m all for that method. Wilderness travel isn’t like driving to Starbucks. Just because people have a gps and Google doesn’t mean they should be there.

Here’s one from a visit long ago:
STUNNING! And we r in full agreement, Natural Selection!..lol
Perfect example- I always hike Off-Trail at Lake Mead. I’m out and come across this young girl wandering looking at her phone? She was trying to stay EXACTLY on her All-Trails line on her phone!? Lol….A Rescue waiting to happen lol.
You put a Rock Carin every 10’ and they would still get lost at the Wave lol