GEN 1 The Gen 1 Raptor Experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blu21

Reaction score
I think all raptor owners go through this, and its a nice benefit. The common ones for me have been how surprised people are when i say its a 2014 (they think it looks newer). I get a lot of "way to stick with a v8" type comments. One guy (driving a new to him Gen2) told me he wanted a v8 and was planning on returning his to the dealer after seeing mine... but my personal favorite comes from driving through Bowling Green KY, pulling a family member's really really nice ranger boat when a lady rolled down her window and decided to yell "THATS A NICE A$$ TRUCK!!!" i said thank you ma'am and as I drove off my fam was like, "what about the boat tho???" which is certainly worth more than my truck is.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A about 3 years ago I dropped the doggo off at the boarders one day and a guy asked me “what year was it?”

I said “2014”
He said “2014? Paint still looks good on that thing”

I was thinking paint still looks good? It is only 6 years old (at the time)

Funny thing is, it is pretty pin striped now but we still say “paint looks good on that thing” every time it gets washed.

ihoffland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the attention is cool. I’ve always loved raptors. But usually fight off the urge to tell people how nice their stuff is (they already know).
All the Gen 2 guys seem really excited to see a Gen 3 and it’s always fun showing them the differences of the new one.

That being said, when I’m sitting in the Home Depot parking lot eating a burrito and a random guy comes up and points to roll down the window so he can tell me how sweet my truck is it’s pretty annoying.

Buddy of mine had a Gen 1 early on and was doing some sxs wheeling up north and they would have to damn near sneak out of the hotel because the hotel maintenance man was so obsessed with the truck and wouldn’t leave him alone

Gen1 Beast

Reaction score
When my son turned 18, I took him down to SoCal to do one of those exotic car experiences. He got to take a Lambo Huracan on the track, and I took out a Ferrari 458 Italia.

The most impressive car of the day, however, was a Raptor parked in the employee parking lot. Despite having been surrounded by exotic cars the entire day, I couldn't stop thinking about the Raptor.

Two months later, I bought my Gen 1.

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a guy in a sweet Challenger roll up on me on the interstate. Started waving and pointing. I'm thinkin....f.....somethings wrong I can't see or imma get shot. Keep in mind we are doing about 80 ish in the middle of ATL. I roll down the passenger window and the guy is all grins and thumbs up and starts yelling "sweet ass truck brotha!""

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you and same happens to me regularly.

Car wash 2 weeks ago: guy comes up out of a black F250 and starts chatting me up Joe he loves this “new” Raptor

Pickup up kids at school: 3 instances of guys hopping out while waiting on car line to tell me the love my “new” Raptor

Neighbors passing by: several over the past few months

Gas stations: countless here

Bottom line: my black 2010 SCAB is immaculate and appears mint, when I tell them it’s a Gen 1 from over 12 years ago they all flip out. Love it! It looks like nothing else on the road.

Eric skurka

Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me the sheer amount of random strangers that feel the need to personally tell me how nice they think my Raptor is. People literally go out of their way to say something. My Raptor is stock for the most part with some lights and a worn out bed cover. I'm sure I'm not the only one to experience this and encourage others to share what they may have experienced during ownership.

What sparked this thread was yet another encounter where I was picking up plants with the wife at the nearby Wallyworld and someone felt the need to come over to complement the Raptor as we were loading the plants. I've grown accustom to this over the the years that I've owned the Raptor but never before with any other vehicle that I have driven has this happened, including a 67' SS396 2dr hdtop that sells for well over $100K in todays market.

This all started eight years ago when my Raptor was brand new. Picked up the Raptor in Louisburg, KS about an hour south of KC, stopped in KC to get my sister and brother-in-law as the girls wanted to go shopping. It was about a thirty minute drive to where the spice store was located and on the way my bro in law asks me if I knew that we were being followed and that they had been following us for about five miles pointing and going side to side. We reached our destination about five miles later and the vehicle that was following was still there and after I parked they pulled up and complemented on the Raptor and asked if it was supercharged.

So, let us hear what others have experienced with their Raptors.
I can’t go anywhere with pictures and videos lolA3A48665-D07F-4A1A-9959-67A2E77355C4.jpeg

Attachments

• 5343CFE6-63A3-496C-9D35-8257AF7948BD.jpeg
    5343CFE6-63A3-496C-9D35-8257AF7948BD.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 26
  • D7798237-9ED3-4D22-ACD5-D341CBFAD168.jpeg
    D7798237-9ED3-4D22-ACD5-D341CBFAD168.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 81E89B99-D259-431C-B15C-A6417B22ED94.jpeg
    81E89B99-D259-431C-B15C-A6417B22ED94.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 18
  • E65B724A-6DB4-47AE-95CA-6485098132F7.jpeg
    E65B724A-6DB4-47AE-95CA-6485098132F7.jpeg
    193.7 KB · Views: 25

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me the sheer amount of random strangers that feel the need to personally tell me how nice they think my Raptor is. People literally go out of their way to say something. My Raptor is stock for the most part with some lights and a worn out bed cover. I'm sure I'm not the only one to experience this and encourage others to share what they may have experienced during ownership.

What sparked this thread was yet another encounter where I was picking up plants with the wife at the nearby Wallyworld and someone felt the need to come over to complement the Raptor as we were loading the plants. I've grown accustom to this over the the years that I've owned the Raptor but never before with any other vehicle that I have driven has this happened, including a 67' SS396 2dr hdtop that sells for well over $100K in todays market.

This all started eight years ago when my Raptor was brand new. Picked up the Raptor in Louisburg, KS about an hour south of KC, stopped in KC to get my sister and brother-in-law as the girls wanted to go shopping. It was about a thirty minute drive to where the spice store was located and on the way my bro in law asks me if I knew that we were being followed and that they had been following us for about five miles pointing and going side to side. We reached our destination about five miles later and the vehicle that was following was still there and after I parked they pulled up and complemented on the Raptor and asked if it was supercharged.

So, let us hear what others have experienced with their Raptors.
Anyone following me driving like that, I figure they’re out looking for a Pokémon, and are likely to catch a Glockachu in the face… if I hadn’t lost them all in the Boating Accident ;)6F208C38-3B14-4CF4-A38B-835A305298C2.jpeg