GEN 1 The Gen 1 Raptor Experience.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It never ceases to amaze me the sheer amount of random strangers that feel the need to personally tell me how nice they think my Raptor is. People literally go out of their way to say something. My Raptor is stock for the most part with some lights and a worn out bed cover. I'm sure I'm not the only one to experience this and encourage others to share what they may have experienced during ownership.

What sparked this thread was yet another encounter where I was picking up plants with the wife at the nearby Wallyworld and someone felt the need to come over to complement the Raptor as we were loading the plants. I've grown accustom to this over the the years that I've owned the Raptor but never before with any other vehicle that I have driven has this happened, including a 67' SS396 2dr hdtop that sells for well over $100K in todays market.

This all started eight years ago when my Raptor was brand new. Picked up the Raptor in Louisburg, KS about an hour south of KC, stopped in KC to get my sister and brother-in-law as the girls wanted to go shopping. It was about a thirty minute drive to where the spice store was located and on the way my bro in law asks me if I knew that we were being followed and that they had been following us for about five miles pointing and going side to side. We reached our destination about five miles later and the vehicle that was following was still there and after I parked they pulled up and complemented on the Raptor and asked if it was supercharged.

So, let us hear what others have experienced with their Raptors.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, I used to get that when my 2011 GEN1 SCAB was new. People would exclaim what a remarkable truck it was, and young men would ask me how much it cost. I got pulled over for speeding on the Army post where I worked by a female MP, and she even complemented me on the Raptor. She was nice and gave me a verbal warning, and I offered to pop the hood for her and give her the tour. She initially declined, took a step back to her cruiser, and then turned around and actually asked me to pop the hood! That was fun.

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Definitely an attention getting truck even after these many years. I get a few compliments but mostly looks from others near by or driving near me. The funny story inhave is when a trucker dropped off a bunch of chevys at my work and he saw i got a new truck and said “at least someone smart here” lol.

Either way idc its a fun dd truck for me. ;)

Attachments

• ADF37CF7-9121-4573-BE13-7FC62CC5CB93.jpeg
    ADF37CF7-9121-4573-BE13-7FC62CC5CB93.jpeg
    608.9 KB · Views: 54
  • EE0ECCD0-6CAD-4A85-BB3A-43D75309CE53.jpeg
    EE0ECCD0-6CAD-4A85-BB3A-43D75309CE53.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 54

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought my 2014 in 2017 and to this day very seldom go out and dont get a compliment,or question about it. Have also been pulled over for enjoying the Whipple too much....and as RUGER above said,got a warning.....and the officer asking me questions for 5 minutes...
But my best was a couple guys in an old beat up Toyota Tacoma pulling a small boat with outboard on it . I pulled in for gas next to them...one was already inside buying beer...other starts walking around my Raptor and asking questions....2nd one comes out and yells..OMG,that truck is beautiful....trade you for my Toyota.......I just laughed and he said...I'll even throw in the boat and trailer......sorry,but no thanks......So they start pulling away and one rolls down the window.....How about with the case of beer we just bought..as they pulled away with their thumbs up...!

Just couldnt resist....had to update this 2 days after I wrote first comment...think the Boat Guys might of moved down to #2.....like I said...every time I go out..!!

Sitting in parking lot of Dr's office waiting for appt. and on my phone and notice a guy staring at me and motioning me to roll down window....
"Is that one of those RAPTURES"
"Yep...its a Raptor....
"But what is a Shelby"
"Huh"?....A Ford Shelby....you know,a "Shelby"Mustang....
"DAMN...I didnt know they made a RAPTURE too"......
and so began another long line of questions.....which is always fun....and amazed how many people never heard of Carrol Shelby....guess you have to be a car guy.....One time right after I bought it had an lady come up to me and ask if that was the name of my GF......I just about split a gut and told her,I love my GF,but not enough to put her name on the side of my truck....
:)

Last edited:

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is a reverse situation. I was interested since Gen 1 came out; finally got a 2014 in 2019.

Before that, and since I always hunt down Raptor owners and try to talk about Raptors.

Unfortunately in Central IL most are Gen 2, and the drivers seem to see them as glorified Escalades or something.

Found a few Gen 1’s, but even then they haven’t proven to be “Raptor” people. They have all found it weird that someone with the same amazing vehicle would like to share in the joy of knowing we have something special.

Maybe if I lived more towards the sticks instead of city-lite I’d get more interest or buy-in. :rolleyes:54F2C3AF-91EE-4FF8-9DBF-EC354C9F50D7.jpeg

Last edited:

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Prior to buying my 2011 I was walking through the local Home Depot parking lot and saw a sweet white 1st Gen SCREW next to my " normal" F150. I completely geeked out on it, and the owner was quite accommodating to my fan boy crush. I'm pretty sure that planted the seed to me saying "F#ck it, I can afford one of those". #NoRagrets#

heybear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was at our local ford dealership checking out a bronco for the bride.

now it’s pretty usual for sales dudes to come out and try to sell a car. but these guys were practically tossing hundreds at me to BUY our raptor.

of course, given how tight inventory has been, would maybe have been the same with any old beater truck…

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score
Mine is a reverse situation. I was interested since Gen 1 came out; finally got a 2014 in 2019.

Before that, and since I always hunt down Raptor owners and try to talk about Raptors.

Unfortunately in Central IL most are Gen 2, and the drivers seem to see them as glorified Escalades or something.

Found a few Gen 1’s, but even then they haven’t proven to be “Raptor” people. They have all found it weird that someone with the same amazing vehicle would like to share in the joy of knowing we have something special.

Maybe if I lived more towards the sticks instead of city-lite I’d get more interest or buy-in. :rolleyes:

Thats definitely a possibility lol. I live in a big truck town and probably more like most of the state(me). Ive only seen 1 gen 1 and a few gen 2s. I agree the g2 guys are less likely to chat but they do wave and acknowledge fellow raptor owners here lol.