The Dreaded Topic Of Lowering!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Get rid of those crappy stock rear springs, they suck!!!
Do a mid-perch on the front shocks and get the Deavers +2 rear springs.
Your truck will be level within a 1/2" and ride 3x better!!! Assuming your shocks are OK
All mine were shot at 25,000 miles of daily street driving.

Last edited:

daveypetey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call Deaver and get +1 springs for the read and go mid perch on geisers. Once the springs settle it will be perfect.

OP
OP
Sliderpilot

Sliderpilot

Reaction score
I guess I should have expected some criticism for wanting to lower my truck.
This is my 3rd F-150, and I most certainly bought the right truck! I bought the truck for looks, not to do Baja or climb rock walls! It's still a free Country!
I adjusted the front to OEM setting which is the first setting, and for now, I removed the blocks in the rear. The bump stop is still 3 inches from the axle, and since I do mostly highway driving and not hauling anything, I am comfortable with it. Yes, I have noticed just a slightly firmer ride, but I will compromise a little bit of the ride for the lowered position since I have to deal with limited entry/exit reaches due to shrapnel still lodged in my legs.
The updated photo now on my profile is after the adjustments, and I don't think it looks like it had a sex change!
May the Raptor Force be with you!
LOL!

Todd458

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually you bought the truck that you liked. It has a distinctive look and doesn’t have to be used in Xtreme off Road outings . I know people that have commercial stoves. But they don’t know the first thing about cooking . They just like the industrial look. Hey,do what you want and what makes you feel good!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I guess I should have expected some criticism for wanting to lower my truck.
This is my 3rd F-150, and I most certainly bought the right truck! I bought the truck for looks, not to do Baja or climb rock walls! It's still a free Country!
I adjusted the front to OEM setting which is the first setting, and for now, I removed the blocks in the rear. The bump stop is still 3 inches from the axle, and since I do mostly highway driving and not hauling anything, I am comfortable with it. Yes, I have noticed just a slightly firmer ride, but I will compromise a little bit of the ride for the lowered position since I have to deal with limited entry/exit reaches due to shrapnel still lodged in my legs.
The updated photo now on my profile is after the adjustments, and I don't think it looks like it had a sex change!
May the Raptor Force be with you!
LOL!

Post a side shot of how it sits w/o the block. I'm curious, I cant say I've seen one like this yet.

OP
OP
Sliderpilot

Sliderpilot

Reaction score
I will be happy to post a better shot. The photo on my profile (avatar) is the truck after the mod, but it's hard to tell with the angle. But I can tell you that the measurement from the ground to the bottom of the wheel well trim is 40 1/2 in. in the front and 41 in. in the rear. The headlights did not need adjusting and the alignment was right on. However, the ride got just a little worse, so I am looking at options there....maybe Deavers +1, or I just heard about Sulastic Shackles today that I am researching. Their reviews were very good on ride improvement and would only raise the rear maybe 1/2 inch.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

...I will get that photo posted when I get back home tomorrow...thank-you!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will be happy to post a better shot. The photo on my profile (avatar) is the truck after the mod, but it's hard to tell with the angle. But I can tell you that the measurement from the ground to the bottom of the wheel well trim is 40 1/2 in. in the front and 41 in. in the rear. The headlights did not need adjusting and the alignment was right on. However, the ride got just a little worse, so I am looking at options there....maybe Deavers +1, or I just heard about Sulastic Shackles today that I am researching. Their reviews were very good on ride improvement and would only raise the rear maybe 1/2 inch.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

...I will get that photo posted when I get back home tomorrow...thank-you!

Anything that lowers the rear, shackles or removal of block that puts you deeper in the shock stroke will stiffen the ride. I don't know if there is a better off the shelf shock option or if fox or king could offer a revalved shock you could use to improve the ride. I really think its the shocks though