The Complete GEN 2 Raptor Information Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chiefy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here it is

Attachments

• 2017 raptor 1.jpg
    2017 raptor 1.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 342
  • 2017 raptor 2.jpg
    2017 raptor 2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 257

magstar67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do paint work everyday and folks put a lot of importance on the name of the paint on vehicles of any kind, but in the end the paint code is the only thing that matters. I see it all the time with every brand where a higher end or limited production vehicle will have a special color for it but if you look up the paint code it will be a code that is used on all range of vehicles for that respective brand.

I haven't done any research on the '17 colors so can't offer any insight at this time without the 2 digit Ford paint codes of the Raptor color and the Mustang.

Hope that helps.

Is it common to have paints labeled the same name and have different properties?

tt_goat

Reaction score
Great post, this is what I absolutely can't stand so I hope it isn't:

"In-Cab Exhaust Note: No definitive answer on whether or not simulated exhaust noise will be piped through the speakers into the cab, or whether this feature can be disabled."

This however: RuLZ!

"all new paddle shifters"

Last edited:

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
Great post, this is what I absolutely can't stand so I hope it isn't:

"In-Cab Exhaust Note: No definitive answer on whether or not simulated exhaust noise will be piped through the speakers into the cab, or whether this feature can be disabled."

This however: RuLZ!

"all new paddle shifters"

The GT350s have some exhaust through the speakers trickery on them. It seems it's more of a tone emitted to lessen exhaust drone in the cab rather than give it a better sound. That's always the trade off with exhaust. Now you can have a mean sounding exhaust and no obnoxious drone at cruising speeds.

comagt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I haven't found a clear answer, the order guide only says 4.2" center screen in the gauge panel, but I see photos of the 802A having the 8" panel in the gauges. So does the 802A get the 8" while 800 and 801 have the 4.2"?

Also, are LED headlights standard across all Raptor trims?

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
So, I haven't found a clear answer, the order guide only says 4.2" center screen in the gauge panel, but I see photos of the 802A having the 8" panel in the gauges. So does the 802A get the 8" while 800 and 801 have the 4.2"?

Also, are LED headlights standard across all Raptor trims?

Yes sir, the 800A for sure gets the 4.2" display panel in the gauges (Look at the BITD Raptor) And I know the 802A gets the larger full gauge display now common on the luxury 2015+ models. As far as 801A, look at the packages, if it makes mention of the larger display, then sweet. If not, it's only an 802A thing.

As far as headlights, again, 100% yes on the 802A, but for 800 and 801, take a look at the packages/trim list in the link. Should tell you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc