The 2015 SnoBall presented by ICON Vehicle Dynamics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

poke27

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prep for SnoBall ??'s

Getting all set up for the SnoBall and as a first timer to GLRE events, I had a couple questions to some of you guys/gals.

I have a stock Raptor set up, other than exterior lighting, and Mid Perch to be completed soon. I am looking to add a VHF radio for the trip, but was wondering, from previous SnoBallers, if there are any other "must haves" for this trip in particular (other than the list of required items).

I know I may get bombarded with ideas for mods to the truck, and I'm open to that, but for this trip, I'm looking to go as-is, with whatever other mods will be necessary, or very helpful.

Also, I'm heading out of the Minneapolis area and was wondering if anyone will be heading through here, or may have a route that would meet up with mine. Was planning on Friday morning departure, but totally flexible with that. Let me know.

I look forward to meeting everyone and finally getting this truck off the beaten path.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott1446

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting all set up for the SnoBall and as a first timer to GLRE events, I had a couple questions to some of you guys/gals.

I have a stock Raptor set up, other than exterior lighting, and Mid Perch to be completed soon. I am looking to add a VHF radio for the trip, but was wondering, from previous SnoBallers, if there are any other "must haves" for this trip in particular (other than the list of required items).

I know I may get bombarded with ideas for mods to the truck, and I'm open to that, but for this trip, I'm looking to go as-is, with whatever other mods will be necessary, or very helpful.

Also, I'm heading out of the Minneapolis area and was wondering if anyone will be heading through here, or may have a route that would meet up with mine. Was planning on Friday morning departure, but totally flexible with that. Let me know.

I look forward to meeting everyone and finally getting this truck off the beaten path.

Thanks in advance for any help.

SnoBall 2014 was my second GLRE event and at that time I had a stock truck at mid-perch and had no problems. Check out the list of must have items along with suggested (beginning of thread) and you should be fine, it has been my experience the GLRE guys have provided me with very good guidance at the different event I have attended. Also with you being from Minnesota I know you have driven in snow before (I grew up in Iowa). Look forward to meeting you and seeing you at other GLRE event, it Addictive!

Scott