GEN 2 Texplex was fun

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats why its called "left foot braking" :p.

If you can heel/toe, you can left foot brake. It is a little bizarre at first, but once you get the hang of rotating the truck this way, its butter.

I'm happy to give a lesson or two the next time im out at texplex. I dont think i'll make the february one either, unfortunately.

I will gladly take you up on a lesson if the offer is open. I am also close to pulling the trigger on taking a course at Rally Ready. Dave said he would make one Raptor specific if we had enough people.

I had a blast at TexPlex as well. Truck is stock except bump stops and Deaver’s. I am pretty much a novice. Have not tried left foot braking yet. I have one day at TRR, two at Tex Plex and one at RR.

I made it out of there without damage. Honestly, I don’t think it was hard to do (hope I am not Jinxing myself and am not saying I am a good driver and the others aren’t- I am a novice and probably going much slower!). I left around one because I had stuff to do, but got 5 laps in. Did that many people wind up with damage? I try not to get out of my comfort zone, but it happens. I did send it on one that I thought was much smaller than it was (last two videos below). Being close to stock, I crawled over the one spot M and L had damage.

My third lap

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I will gladly take you up on a lesson if the offer is open. I am also close to pulling the trigger on taking a course at Rally Ready. Dave said he would make one Raptor specific if we had enough people.

I had a blast at TexPlex as well. Truck is stock except bump stops and Deaver’s. I am pretty much a novice. Have not tried left foot braking yet. I have one day at TRR, two at Tex Plex and one at RR.

I made it out of there without damage. Honestly, I don’t think it was hard to do (hope I am not Jinxing myself). I left around one because I had stuff to do, but got 5 laps in. Did that many people wind up with damage? I try not to get out of my comfort zone, but it happens. I did send it on one that I thought was much smaller than it was (last two videos below). Being close to stock, I crawled over the one spot M and L had damage.

I'm happy to impart whatever wisdom I have gained for anyone that shows up to texplex. I'm by no means some super pro, but I have been taking courses and racing both on an off pavement for 23 years.

But if you shit your pants in my truck, just like uber, there is a cleaning fee. ;)

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s awesome, thanks for sharing!

Looks like a blast, wish we had something up here like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
think of it as using the brake to clutch kick into an oversteer situation when trying to snag the inside line for a pass on the track.
It's a long shot, but fire me a PM whenever you decide to go out, definitely up for picking pointers from you in person and/or getting a ride. Also, IIRC, your truck makes me want to spend money I shouldn't spend.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
It's a long shot, but fire me a PM whenever you decide to go out, definitely up for picking pointers from you in person and/or getting a ride. Also, IIRC, your truck makes me want to spend money I shouldn't spend.
yeah, she kinda went from donkey to showpony.

best money i ever spent.