Texas Raptor Run April 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

keatonskidmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, so the truck is finally street queen clean again. Spent $400 on gas getting to/from and on the track

spent $150 on a detail and 60 quarters getting mud off. I can't believe the dust is gone, my wife has asthma and couldn't get in the truck till I got it clean.

cleanraptor.jpg

oh, and it's hard to see from the angle, but here's my skid plate. it's punched in by about 3 inches in the center, and the bumper got shifted in on the right by about an inch or so. nothing some shimming won't cure.

when we going again :peace:

bustedskidplate.jpg

If its shifted you could have slight frame bending

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I cleaned my truck today. 2 hours on the inside. I left my windows and sunroof open too much, especially when you hit the puddles and mud! So a thick coat of dust sealed with what smelled like, cow sh*t water from in the berms.

Phyguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking of biting the bullet and having my truck detailed too. The inside is trashed with dust.

I got the undercarriage tonight (mine took about 40 quarters) and sprayed most of the outside of the body. Still need to hand wash her which will probably be tomorrow after work. Then, to clean and repack the camping equipment.

Sounds like I'll be ready by Thursday. We meeting at the ranch again this weekend? ;)

Baldwin09

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking of biting the bullet and having my truck detailed too. The inside is trashed with dust.

I got the undercarriage tonight (mine took about 40 quarters) and sprayed most of the outside of the body. Still need to hand wash her which will probably be tomorrow after work. Then, to clean and repack the camping equipment.

Sounds like I'll be ready by Thursday. We meeting at the ranch again this weekend? ;)

Best detail shop is the wave at 92nd and wads up in westy far for you but worth it they give you a rain guarantee too

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?rc3hts
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Awesome. Simply awesome.

Trey, you're the man. Mapman, everything about your ranch and group is first class. Thank you for making us feel so welcome.

One more day on the road and I'm home! 4k total miles. Not too shabby ;)

Mapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Carl beal is the man out here and Matt runs the ranch, I;m just the club pres that keeps the wheels greased.

Reaction score
Everyone at Baja Racing of Texas would like to thank all of the Raptor owners that made the trip the Texana Ranch for the inaugural Texas Raptor Run. We we are very impressed with how well the Raptor's held up with the pace that all of you were putting the truck through. We were equally impressed with the handful of guys that ran the course on Sunday after almost a 2" rain fall. I thought for sure there would be some Raptors waiting for a dozer for rescue, but everyone that ran made it through.

We would like to thank Trey for getting with us and letting BRT help with the event and we hope everyone had an awesome time. We would like to thank Jarrett, Cory and all the guys at RPG, Jared and the ADD crew, Greg Foutz you were awesome and thank you for all of your help, Outlaw Raptor, Richard and Austin with CinemaSLR and again everyone that made the journey to Texas.

We would like to extend an invitation to everyone that would like to help with recovery and course marshaling at any of our future events. Please feel free to PM, email or give us a call.

We are already talking about putting together another event this year.
How much time does everyone need to regroup and make another go at 43 mile loop at Texana Ranch?

What would you like to see improved on or changes?

What can we do to make for a better experience for you?

We value any of your suggestions and input. We all see this event growing and getting even better. In closing, huge thanks again to everyone involved in the event, we had a blast.