Tesla Supercharger ICEd by a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently I can’t even type dooosh the correct way without getting censored. Our country is skrewwwd.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@MFNG Some Tesla owners are massive douches. Having a Raptor and a Tesla I almost feel the need to get a license plate frame that reads "not a ******" lol.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey FRF, before I posted this, I searched the forums to see if someone had already posted about this but didn't find anything. If so, I apologize and please let me know.

View attachment 328338
You can read the full story on the link: https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-supercharger-blocked-iceing-record-photo/

As a member of FRF, I felt inclined to come out here to post this as I DO NOT believe it accurately portrays who we are, what we stand for as a Raptor community, or act like as Raptor owners against other car enthusiasts. Just imagine how ticked off you would be if you needed to pump gas and as you wait in line at a full gas station, the person at the pump you're waiting on finishes and just leaves their car there to eat lunch - not gonna happen.

If this person is a member of FRF, please show some courtesy next time. Your actions make us Raptor owners look bad.

The poster admits there were other stalls available. The above rig has to be about ... what 65’ total length? The Raptor itself is 24-25’. So, I ask in all seriousness, where did the “electric vehicle advocate” expect this bloke to park?

Now, I get that if it were reversed and I were being EV’d at a fuel pump, I might say.. pull out some towing gear and avail myself of the pump anyway if this was the only option. It would be very frustrating for sure. That said, this person and this group of people need to check their privilege with this remark:

However, EV charging stalls should be treated similarly to handicapped parking spots since they are specifically reserved for electric vehicles.

Not sorry, not sympathetic. Driving an EV isn’t a handicap. Neither is stupidity (well, legally anyway).

OP
OP
Fodded_Cockpit

Fodded_Cockpit

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The poster admits there were other stalls available. The above rig has to be about ... what 65’ total length? The Raptor itself is 24-25’. So, I ask in all seriousness, where did the “electric vehicle advocate” expect this bloke to park?
1639051109535.png
He could've parked in the spaces circled above (excuse my crayon writing). It was intentional.
Driving an EV isn’t a handicap. Neither is stupidity (well, legally anyway).
Lol. I agree.

OP
OP
Fodded_Cockpit

Fodded_Cockpit

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tried to talk to a Tesla owner at a stop light and he completely ignored me. (All I wanted to know is how do you rev an EV at a stop light!)

I am all for innovation, but I don’t cry when smug EV owners get their feelings hurt.
Probably because Diesel trucks have been known to roll coal on them and he couldn't tell the difference between a Diesel and a Raptor. :facepalm:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
He could've parked in the spaces circled above (excuse my crayon writing). It was intentional.
We know this from an interview?

I’m an absolute N00b at any kind of towing so perhaps more skilled drivers with trailering experience can correct for effect here, but some of the circled areas are problematic; at least for me.

Fun fact: Just because you have a trailer that is inconvenient to park, doesn’t legally excuse you from a parking citation or getting towed by an overzealous property mangler. I would rule out the circle under chase diesel because it appears exceedingly inconvenient to turn around. maybe possible, I’m not on the ground there but from above, I’m not parking there. Moving on: Big circle the right of valero: it’s not clear to me what that is but it appears unpaved, possibly not able to be easily navigated by the trailer.

2 circles underneath big circle one is by the entry way and unrealistic. the 2nd by the P(asking) icon looks to also abut an entrance to the far right parking lot.

the turn off of Panoche road appears to have some opportunities but limited and it appears we have entry ways on each side. Parking near entrances could contribute to a collision.

Even if we accept accept that the Raptor driver shouldn’t have ICEd the hypersensitive Karens, who are all too willing to exercise their right to be offended, Raptor driver has Raptor privilege and EV’rs must respect it.

Now, I’m not saying to go out and ICE the petro-deficient crowd, but I’m just not feeling the outrage here.

Let me try again.

Nope.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ha no, the technology behind how the tesla supercharges is an incredible development and has "fueled" so many innovations found in many auto makers new vehicles. being both a Tesla and "Raptor" owner, there is no need to spew hate, both are amazing vehicles. Welcome to the new world bud your nostalgia of ICE vehicles is no longer the status quo.

It is indeed not the status quo. Enjoy the garage fire my friend.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
View attachment 332739

Lol. I agree.
Not trying to advocate for a guy I dont know, but my guess, is they saw ZERO cars at the charging center and wanted to park under the roof for shade... Its really not a big deal until someone wants to be a ****..