Tech question....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

autigerbass

Reaction score
Hi all!

New guy here. I'm considering buying a Raptor (especially if I can get a deal on a '19), but am unfamiliar with newer model Fords and their technology (my last Ford was an '01 F150 Screw). I am a little confused in doing research when it comes to the screen and it's features. Between the 800, 801, and 802 models I've seen the following: 8" screen, 8" touch screen, voice command with navigation, Apple car play, and Sync 3. I get that some come with built in navigation and some don't, but could someone enlighten me on the following:

- Do all (Gen 2) Raptors come with voice control?
- Do all Raptors come with Apple car play?
- Are all the 8" screens "touch" screens?
- Do all Raptors come with Sync 3?
- Could someone explain what Sync 3 is?

Thanks in advance for your help!

brianh87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will try to help. The quote taken from google below, pretty much answers most of your questions. All 2019 + Raptors have Sync 3. (not sure about 2017) All screens are touch screens. Even 800a, like I have. And Apple Car play is included.

Sync 3 - "A fully integrated, voice-activated communications, entertainment and information system, SYNC ® 3enables you to stay connected while you're driving so you can keep your eyes on the road and your hands on the wheel. SYNC ® 3 is a revolutionary way to interact with your vehicle."