Take Off vs Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fellas, question here: I need to get my shocks rebuilt at this point in the game.

I love my Fox’s. And I don’t want to spend the cash, or really need to spend the cash honestly, to bump it up to Icons/Kings/or even the new Fox’s. I just wanted to keep the bad boys I have in one shape or another.

So to the question, y’all think I’m better off rebuilding my shocks through somewhere like Texas Shock Works, Forged Off Road or the like, or try to find and buy some low to no mile take offs?

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The core swap on a set of rebuilds is def the way to go they’ll be “better” than original new factory shocks & def better than used ones that’ll need to be rebuilt eventually too. I think it’s like $500 or so for a rebuild it’s not terrible.

Cdcorn1

Reaction score
I have a set of 2018 shocks with about 2800 miles on them sitting in my garage if you’re interested. I bought the Fox Racing shocks, otherwise I would be selling them. PM me if interested.

Last edited:

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Most gen2 owners will sell you their take-offs for less than a rebuild costs. The gen2 shocks would be a pretty good upgrade.

if someone else wont, I'll cut you a deal on mine.

OP
OP
alphatwox

alphatwox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go on..... ;)

I do like the ability to modify the rebuilds though.

I am, however, open to thoughts (and offers).