GEN 2 Tailgate weatherstrip Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rappie

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone has installed a tailgate weatherstrip Kit and which one fits the best for the gen 2? I have a tonneau cover and was wondering the best way to stop the water from intruding at the seams especially the top where the tonneau meets the top tailgate seam?

Terry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With my Truxedo Lo Pro cover, I close the tailgate and then snap the cover down into place. The cover has a rubber seal that overlaps the top of the tailgate and seals water out pretty well. The main purpose of the weatherstrip kit is to seal out dust that permeates everywhere inside the bed if it isn't kept out. I don't think there is much difference in the kits - they're all about the same. Quality of the installation is most important. You also need to seal the holes in both sides of the bed near the tailgate. They let a lot of dust and dirt pass through that you don't want in there. The pic shows the holes that need to be sealed. I'm not advertising the TruxSeal.

View attachment 134627

tailgate seal.JPG