Tail Light Lenses

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place that sells the clear tailght lenses. Some jealous punk kid keyed my left tailight, it's very noticeable and I need to change it. I would just get smoked tail light lenses but in texas it's illegal to have blacked out tail lights, so I won't get those.
Thanks!

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You can have smoked.. my trucks registered in texas and I was stationed there for 8 years and had my rapt or there for 2 and a half years and never had any issues with my smoked tail lights

Baddkarmaracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a place that sells the clear tailght lenses. Some jealous punk kid keyed my left tailight, it's very noticeable and I need to change it. I would just get smoked tail light lenses but in texas it's illegal to have blacked out tail lights, so I won't get those.
Thanks!

What side is it? I have a passenger side tail that is brand new I would let go

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the scratch too bad to wet sand and buff? I have a detail guy that can do pretty amazing things with headlights and paint. They could at least hide it but given its clear I'd bet he could remove it. Yes the lens would be microscopically thinner however what do you have to lose ?

OP
OP
WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
Is the scratch too bad to wet sand and buff? I have a detail guy that can do pretty amazing things with headlights and paint. They could at least hide it but given its clear I'd bet he could remove it. Yes the lens would be microscopically thinner however what do you have to lose ?

Yeah what is there to lose! It's not that bad of a scratch just hard to look at when your the one that knows about it! I might just get smoked lenses but I wish I knew the actual law because I already go around smoking my tires and raising hell with my cutouts open, so it would just be another add on to the ticket on top of no front license plate because of my ADD stealth winch!

CP RAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, I would personally take it to the best detailed in town, for 20 mins of work he can probably make it completely disappear, then I'd maybe tint the tail lights with a light color to get the smoke look but not attract too much attention, then you could take it off if needed...

OP
OP
WilsonRaptor

WilsonRaptor

Reaction score
I agree, I would personally take it to the best detailed in town, for 20 mins of work he can probably make it completely disappear, then I'd maybe tint the tail lights with a light color to get the smoke look but not attract too much attention, then you could take it off if needed...

Sad thing is there's only one car wash where I'm from and I got in a fight with the guy who owns it and I'm "banned" from his car wash.. So lol looks like I'm driving 80 miles to get my scratches buffed out!