Tail light not blinking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tabvette

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My passenger side tail lamp has intermittently decided it does not want to blink. This has occurred 2 separate times now and this has occurred with 2 separate tail lamps as I have had the passenger lamp replaced for the moisture issue. I noticed it on the way home. It also affects the brake light on the passenger side. But here is the weird part. If I turn the passenger side turn signal off and wait a second, then apply the brakes the brake light will come on, but then if I put the turn signal on again with the brake light, it won't work. I noticed this issue on the way home from the car wash. I am pretty sure the last time it happened I had just left the car wash also. Help!!!!!

relak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it only happen when a BMW driver is driving your car? If so it might be operator error because they’re notorious for not using blinkers in the first place.

In all seriousness sounds like a bad relay. Something got wet that wasn’t supposed to and shorted out. Weird that you’re on your second set of tail lamps and it’s still happening..

Last edited: