Tail light damage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife backed into something when she borrowed my truck. Does anyone know if I can buy just the cover? Or do I need to replace the entire assembly at $1100? Everything still works and it's just the outer shell that's damaged IMG_7480.jpeg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure it’s the whole thing. There’s probably hacks but no good way to get the factory moisture seal back.

OP
OP
Raptorial

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks gents. Are the 2019-2020 tail lights different from the 2017-2018?

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If you're adventurous, you can buy another light (with the same cover) maybe off an XLT or something, throw them in the oven to melt the glue and pull the covers off. Glue undamaged cover onto Raptor light assembly.

I did this with an '18 Escalade headlight and had good results, though my goal was just to re-seal the light due to moisture. Check youtube.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you're adventurous, you can buy another light (with the same cover) maybe off an XLT or something, throw them in the oven to melt the glue and pull the covers off. Glue undamaged cover onto Raptor light assembly.

I did this with an '18 Escalade headlight and had good results, though my goal was just to re-seal the light due to moisture. Check youtube.
The raptor lens is slightly darker. best bet would be eBay.

OP
OP
Raptorial

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The raptor lens is slightly darker. best bet would be eBay.
I saw some older posts of yours while searching. Assuming the 2017 Raptor taillights I found on EBay are the same as 2019-2020?

Can I just get those, swap out the BLIS, reinstall and avoid an ECU reflash? I haven't taken out these taillights. Don't know if BLIS is inside or affixed to the back of the assembly.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Blis is screwed to the back of the tail light assembly. Easy swap. 2017-2020 are the same with the raptors.