T R Racing Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are a great quality wheel, and I could not find much negative out there on them. But..... maybe not for the average joe Raptor owner that only bangs on his truck lightly on the weekend. But if you "Need" beadlocks they are a good choice!

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are a great quality wheel, and I could not find much negative out there on them. But..... maybe not for the average joe Raptor owner that only bangs on his truck lightly on the weekend. But if you "Need" beadlocks they are a good choice!

Ya I agree! I kinda hope that not everyone is gaga over them as I like to have something different then everyone else.

J-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya I agree! I kinda hope that not everyone is gaga over them as I like to have something different then everyone else.

What did you think about hte different bead ring options? I know the wider ring is kind of a rock crawler thing, but I have seen some trophy trucks with the wider ring, and I think it might serve some merrit, especially in the desert for rock and brush protection.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Good question! You can order the rims with the choice of any one of the three rings for no extra charge. I was always a fan of the bigger ring and think it looks more aggressive, but when it came time to make a decision I went with the smaller ring, but can always swap out rings in the future for a different look. The only worry I had with the Rock ring is that it might fill up with bud and snow, but for Rocks ya that would be the way to go.

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

32.jpg

WarSurfer

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have them with the larger world series ring. I love 'em.

Edit:

bu4atazu.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
DesertRat

DesertRat

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I appreciate you all helping out a Noob.

I'm going to pull the trigger on these. I'm going with black powder coat on the wheel and a natural finish narrow ring on a 17X8.5. Should look OK with the Terrain paint.

The guy that I spoke with at T R recommended 5.25" backspacing.

What size and backspace did you guys go with?

Last edited:

RangerRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These rims are what I'll be buying for my truck. They look great and not alot of people are putting them on the Raptor.