Sync2 Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BucksRunner

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I pulled the trigger and purchased a new Sync3 system from ebay. It took nearly two weeks from when I purchased it and when all the parts arrived. The APIM and screen came direct from China while the USB ports and cable came from NY.

I installed the unit this morning and after all is said and done it was completely worth the money. Not only do I now have Android Auto, which is the primary reason for the swap, but the radio IMO is exponentially easier/friendlier to use.

In regards to the swap, I watched a video on how to the install on a normal F150 (
) and quickly realized that wasn't going to work. I found a link in a sub forum on FRF that detailed the dismantling of the center stack -

Just to note, you don't need to disassemble the shifter linkage (starting at the 3 min mark in the video above), in my case there was more than enough slack in the connected wiring harnesses to slide the center console back to get a ratchet at the necessary screws. Also, there was no need to undo the two bolts under the cluster bezel (8:20 mark in video) to remove the side vent stack.

My "kit" also came with an ELS27 OBD2 connector so I was able to use forscan to change the default FORD splash screen to the Raptor splash screen. It required only changing one string in the APIM AS BUILT module. Instructions were here -

If you have any further questions let me know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I just installed the Sync 3 upgrade and the seats no longer heat/cool and there are no Raptor apps. Were you able to get those working?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter