Sync 3 update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

claustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I and many others got that bogus blast email from Ford about a Sync update being available. I spoke to Ford and they said I’m up to date (‘19 @ v3.3). I just wanted to verify I was setup ok on Fordowner.com with my truck. I asked when 3.4 might be available for my ‘19 and of course they have no eta they told me.

I know I can update to 3.4 through this hack fast enough and tempted. But I just want to see if 3.4 when released will update via OTA. Or at least be available on Fords site for download. Luckily my 3.3 works perfectly fine, as it might be another year or so as I wait for an official update lol

eclou

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spent hours doing this today. Hours. 2018, Sync 3.0 v 17xxx. Downloaded from Owner.Ford could not successfully unzip file with Stuffit on a Mac - repeated unknown compression error. Tried manually unzipping with Archive Utility - could do so but files in wrong format. Tried Russian hacker version but couldn't get a good download. Finally success using folder .rar from F150 forums. Lately my iPhone XR has been disconnecting from the bluetooth, hopefully that is remedied

Kavery

Reaction score
I have hit the update button via WiFi and it says i am up to date but waze is still 10 mph too high. So i don’t know what version i have

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Installing the Stnc 3.4 update and new maps as I write this. Anyone know if you can put the truck into drive and/or reverse while the update is going and not mess it up? I didn't remember to turn off the auto idle stop/limit before plugging the usb in and afraid I might actually go over the 30 min limit amd have the truck turn off. Timer on the ford screen says its been 23 mins and progress bar looks like maybe 60% complete.

Got my own answer, yes you can, drive and reverse. My update took 28 mins 57 seconds. When it first came back up, I lost my XM stations. Freaked lut a little bit. Did the master reset and they came back after about 2 mins.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
audio presets change; both in selection method and if you do the firmware update you get more presets.