Sync 3.4 Crashed badly today, had to soft reset

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
I'm running Sync 3.4, build 20136. 2019 802A. Started truck and the map came up full screen with no 'chrome' (i.e., no clock, climate control data, or bottom mode bar). Phone connected as expected via bluetooth and started playing music from Spotify (which is what it'd been doing 3hr before when I parked it). Volume and back/next buttons worked, but absolutely NO INFO shown on screen, just the full-screen map. The map tracked my position correctly, but you couldn't pan/zoom or do anything.

After getting home (10 min drive) the Nav refused to turn off. Power button wouldn't shut it down. I could shut down truck, get out, lock it, and the Nav screen just stayed on the whole time.

A "soft reset" fixed it. Hold the POWER button on radio and NEXT TRACK for about 10 seconds. I forget if I had to have truck on or off. Soft reset won't delete your settings/data.

Seems fine now, just posting this in case anyone runs into this...or has seen it before and knows if it turns into a larger problem like excessive battery drain, sync failure, or the truck exploding or becoming self-aware.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, this type of thing happened to my Gen 1 when it was in its first year, the screen froze and the volume was stuck on loud. Reset it and it’s never happened. Sometimes I think it’s more a phone thing than a truck becoming human and having a tantrum.

ViMo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have version 3.0 but I can't install 3.4, although I followed all the recommended instructions, every time I get the message ... Installation Failed, Error code: SIGN_ERR01. Does anyone know what it means and why it appears?