Switch on OBD Port

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Okay, try a global function test. Turn everything on one at a time - headlights, emergency blinkers, upfitter switches, AC, heater, defrost, turn signals, etc., and see if you can figure out what it does via trial and error.

Comment: Previous owner was a ridiculous hack.

OP
OP
Bozz

Bozz

Royal Smart A$$
Reaction score
Okay, try a global function test. Turn everything on one at a time - headlights, emergency blinkers, upfitter switches, AC, heater, defrost, turn signals, etc., and see if you can figure out what it does via trial and error.

Comment: Previous owner was a ridiculous hack.
Did all of that. Nothing. All I could think of was that it may have something to do with the 5-star tune that the previous owner had installed. There was a Control Module in the glove box when I got it, hooked it up and no custom tunes detected. Tried to contact 5-star, they blew me off.

All I can figure is that maybe it was so when they took it in to shop to be worked on or to state emissions testing or something like that, they could flip switch and.....turn off tune? That doesn't sound possible, though.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would trace the wire down. Kill switch maybe? Not discreet if it is.
If driving a tankful with the switch in one position and comparing the MPG with a tankful of driving with the switch in the other position is unrevealing, then @itsrichierich has proposed your only remaining hope of figuring this out.

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Next time it is here we WILL get to the bottom of what it dose. even if we have to tare the entire dash out. Now I want to know. LOL

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As far as I know, the Raptor doesn't support on the fly tune switching like some diesels. I'm not thinking tune. What kind of tuner was in the glove box? Maybe the switch is for something that has been removed? Gotta start tracing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc