Swirl removal question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VinceC

Reaction score
I have used the Adam’s “swirl killer” product with great results getting rid of most of the swirl marks on the paint. In between the front and rear door windows(where the keyless entry keypad is mounted) there is some shiny black trim that is unfortunately very scratched up on my truck. Any suggestions on what to do to help improve this? I don’t know if this is painted plastic or what. So I am scared to try putting a buffer to it without some advice from some of you that have already figured this out.

thanks in advance!

TripleE44

Reaction score
Those pieces get scratched up in a hurry on every truck.

It's basically really polished up plastic as far as I can tell.

It can be corrected just like paint, but it's really soft (as evident by how easy it scratches). What you want is a light polishing compound with a finishing type of pad. What I've found works best is starting with a higher speed on your DA with normal pressure, then back off the pressure and lower the speed to finish.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have used the Adam’s “swirl killer” product with great results getting rid of most of the swirl marks on the paint. In between the front and rear door windows(where the keyless entry keypad is mounted) there is some shiny black trim that is unfortunately very scratched up on my truck. Any suggestions on what to do to help improve this? I don’t know if this is painted plastic or what. So I am scared to try putting a buffer to it without some advice from some of you that have already figured this out.

thanks in advance!

As stated above, a light polish will take out those swirls. Use Finishing Polish with a White Foam Pad. Light pressure and medium speed, and check your progress often.