Sway Bar end links rattling, options for replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the cause for some clank sounds when hitting bumps and small potholes and it's the end links. Tapped with a rubber mallet and it seems to make a sound.

I know there are some aftermarket options out there but is it really necessary to go that route or just go with new stock versions? Also is the sway bar something that could cause issue down the road and need to be replaced or just the end links themselves?

If anyone has gone aftermarket, which companies have you gone with and have you noticed handling changes or better characteristics?

Thank you!

Chris in DSM

Reaction score
my '18 has been making similar rattling when hitting potholes n bumps also. Sounds like the exact same thing, but it's scheduled to go to the dealer as I'm not mechanically inclined. definitely interested though if there's a better option than replacing with the same thing that rattles at 50k miles

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like a pretty straight forward install. Just need to figure out what the torque specs are on each bolt.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swaybar is as close to a hammer as a car part could be. Endlinks once in a while maybe and bushings once or twice through the life of the vehicle. Unless you’re in a hard accident just pop some new stock ones on and get on with your life.

OP
OP
DAVfoto

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's probably what I will do. I have been thinking of the GJ disconnects but not sure if really needed.

Reaction score
Having the same issue with my 19 eco boost black widow edition with 86k has any one removed rhe sway bar completely or installed a after market set up

Attachments

• IMG_2818.jpeg
    IMG_2818.jpeg
    168.8 KB · Views: 6

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My PS end links is rattling again. First set replaced under warranty.

I looked for aftermarket but didn’t find anything.

Perhaps they’re just a wear item and just need to be swapped out.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Finally an alternative... not even Moog makes them for the gen 2. I replaced mine at around 30k miles... If they go titsup again I think I'd try these Dorman units...