GEN 2 Swapping tuning platforms questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped over today. The transmission is much smoother than it was with the MPT. I am definitely noticing less strain on the turbos. With the MPT the turbos were always engaged not so much with the Cobb. I am still waiting for my session with Goosetune before I take her to the dyno. Will post MPT vs Cobb numbers afterwards.

hedonist222

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swapped over today. The transmission is much smoother than it was with the MPT. I am definitely noticing less strain on the turbos. With the MPT the turbos were always engaged not so much with the Cobb. I am still waiting for my session with Goosetune before I take her to the dyno. Will post MPT vs Cobb numbers afterwards.

If the turbos aren't spooling as much, then won't the COBB be less powerful?

K1llD4shN1n3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What differences are you noticing? I am debating doing the same.

AP is generally better hardware platform than the NGauge imo.

Cobb has been fantastic and I feel like the tun is just slightly less aggressive than MPT. I would get really bad misfires on MPT and Cobb has been great. Went back to the SP542 plugs gapped at 0.026 and things have been great.

Any questions I’ve had for Cobb have been quickly and thoroughly answered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westbayou

Reaction score
What is this Goosetune I keep seeing?

Seems like a man I need to talk to.

Yeah you do. I'm in the middle of remote tuning with him and so far the results are fantastic. I stuck with stock Cobb OEM+ Transmission tuning and custom Goosetune for the ECU. Power is WAY better, MPG is improved, and the shifting is so much better than stock.