SVT Comments on Raptor Frame Bending

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blukrom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong but when they talk about travel its always the total travel, not the available travel when the suspension is preloaded. It is my undersatnding that with the current trends in suspension design the droop travel is almost more important than the compression. Am I way off base here?

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
Correct me if Im wrong but when they talk about travel its always the total travel, not the available travel when the suspension is preloaded. It is my undersatnding that with the current trends in suspension design the droop travel is almost more important than the compression. Am I way off base here?

That is correct. You'll find that some people are just misinformed on the lingo and how it actually works.......or how and why bad things happen.

A.I.I.Raciing

Dezert 8MYMNEY
Reaction score

That is correct. You'll find that some people are just misinformed on the lingo and how it actually works.......or how and why bad things happen.

How so?
It's always been my understanding that you want more bump than droop when setting up a truck

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I really have to wonder what the cost to ford would be to bolt some bump stops up to the frame right there similar to what we're seeing from the aftermarket companies.

I wonder because there is a chance that it would have been prohibitively expensive...but who knows.

I thought the part about aftermarket leaf springs was pretty weak, I guess some people do go that route and just do leaf springs and no new bump stop, but I would think it'd be the minority now.

I didn't come away from that video feeling like anything had really been addressed. Then again, I don't think this frame thing is as serious as it was made out to be. I just believe that ford should have put some real bumps back there.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Complaints, criticism and questions about why Ford didn't do ____ or ____. Seriously guys, why not criticize GM/Chevy, Dodge and Toyota? They haven't sold a production truck anywhere near as capable as Ford's Raptor.

And if you're worried about the truck not handling abuse then you're free to spend a lot more money on the products that some of you think Ford should provide on their stock Raptor truck.

The fact is that a very small number of Raptors have had the kind of problems he's talking about and virtually all of them were driven beyond their design/performance envelope.

Every vehicle you can buy can always be designed better but the manufacturers have a LOT of issues to consider beyond what those who take the vehicles to extremes are making issues about.