SVC Bump stop bracket install interfering with exhaust mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toeknee

Reaction score
Has anyone ran into this? When I go to install the bump stop bracket on the passenger side, the bottom of the bracket covers the bottom hole for the exhaust mount. I see in SVC's video that they say to remove the two bolts to make install easier but they never say what to do with them.

Should I drill a hole through the bottom of the SVC bracket to put the bolt through for the exhaust mount?

33678-0-F4-E1-C93-3-A64-46-EA-A31-C-187-CFCF5-CE60.jpg

681932963-9-DAD5827-A073-4157-9775-D40-E19-BAF2-CD.jpg

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had that same issue. I can't understand how they make these like this, and don't offer any sort of explanation. Anyways, I cut the exhaust bracket so it would clear the bump stop. The bracket is now only held on by one bolt, but I cut off the exhaust right after the hanger so figured it would be OK like that.IMG_3344.jpgIMG_3346.jpg

OP
OP
toeknee

toeknee

Reaction score
Jeff @svc got back with me and said "That hanger is removed. Some will trim the hanger, we just eliminate it."

I had that same issue. I can't understand how they make these like this, and don't offer any sort of explanation. Anyways, I cut the exhaust bracket so it would clear the bump stop. The bracket is now only held on by one bolt, but I cut off the exhaust right after the hanger so figured it would be OK like that.

Thanks for posting your solution, that's what I figured I would do. Finished one side yesterday, going back out to complete the install today and I am going to do exactly what you did. Even without the hanger on, the exhaust doest move at all. But I figure the hanger with one bolt is better than nothing.

May I ask why you cut off the exhaust after the hangers? Clearance?

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes for added clearance. I also plan on getting a rear bumper eventually so figured I would just cut the exhaust sooner than later.