SVC Baja Bumper. What should I expect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

caisaacson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4b307a252d40f0b01fa5495cfc7c51f1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black Oval

Reaction score
When you guys installed this does the steering rack need to be supported when putting the bolts through the bottom 2 holes of the bumper? As far as I can see it just those 2 9" bolts holding it to the frame.

I cut off my frame horns off yesterday but ran out of daylight. Pulled one of the rack bolts to see what I was working with.

Any input would be appreciated on this.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you guys installed this does the steering rack need to be supported when putting the bolts through the bottom 2 holes of the bumper? As far as I can see it just those 2 9" bolts holding it to the frame.

I cut off my frame horns off yesterday but ran out of daylight. Pulled one of the rack bolts to see what I was working with.

Any input would be appreciated on this.

I just did mine one at a time. Call SVC and they'll walk you through it.

D

Deleted member 12951

I just did mine one at a time. Call SVC and they'll walk you through it.

How did you do it one at a time? You have to pull both bolts to put the bumper on. I was able to remove both bolts and the rack did not move enough to cause an issue. Torque those guys to 325lbs.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did you do it one at a time? You have to pull both bolts to put the bumper on. I was able to remove both bolts and the rack did not move enough to cause an issue. Torque those guys to 325lbs.

Maybe that was it. I know it wasn't hard.