Supercharger considerations/options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mike.s

Reaction score
Upgraded heat exchanger with dual fans. I think it's an extra $1,200.

Big Bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JimIII@JDM;910675 More power than you can shake a stick at and over 500 Raptors out there running this package or similar with our tuning! For simplicity of install said:
JDM just installed a Whipple Supercharger on my 2013 Raptor and I couldn't be happier the attention to detail and customer service is second to none. They always take the time to answer any questions you may have. Team JDM is #1 if you have any question about that Google or YouTube the name
"Jim D'Amore " and be prepared to be impressed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 134
OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
JDM just installed a Whipple Supercharger on my 2013 Raptor and I couldn't be happier the attention to detail and customer service is second to none. They always take the time to answer any questions you may have. Team JDM is #1 if you have any question about that Google or YouTube the name

Do you give up any hope of running a winch with that upgraded heat exchanger and fans?

JimIII@JDM

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you give up any hope of running a winch with that upgraded heat exchanger and fans?

Yes, at least the front mounted options that would sit in the grille area.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Thanks Bill, glad your happy with the truck! ;) The Red Whipple looks awesome!

OP
OP
Dane

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes, at least the front mounted options that would sit in the grille area.

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 AM ----------

Thanks Bill, glad your happy with the truck! ;) The Red Whipple looks awesome!

Can you run a winch with the normal heat exchanger?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The standard HE that comes with the Standard Whipple 650 HP is still quite large.
I believe the height is the same if not close to it so it will be down in the bumper area.

I have a picture with my Raptor and a friends both the same setup but he's got a bumper and winch.

IMG_20140515_090416_832.jpg

Last edited:

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here!! looking for HE solutions for stock bumper with winch.

Anyone run the standard whipple HE? Please share some photos!

RaptorFlipper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little late to the game. I have the "balls to the walls" package. Some done locally, and a bunch of the parts with JDM. You will not go wrong with JDM. Good people and good service. The whipple is far superior to Roush as far as performance, and I think cheaper too. You will not be sorry. Mine was 10k on the base whipple and install. All the added stuff from jdm, maybe 5k installed. See signature line for all the stuff.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the heat exchange upgrade really necessary from what's already provided ? How hard is it to heat soak the base heat exchange? Anyone have the baseline one and having issues?

My other thought is you are blocking the coolant for the engine. I supercharged the last Mustang I had and the engine coolant kept overheating because the intercooler was too large and prevent the radiator from getting proper cooling.