Supercab Vs Supercew in the Dunes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
For me, I always liked a fast four-door sedan like the original Audi S4 then S6/S8 series... Mercedes E500 etc. While I like the SCAB's I knew I wanted a SCREW for the room and extra towing capacity.

SCAB's will have the best performance and maneuverability but I don't think you really lose that much with a SCREW. @The Car Stereo Company above shows the SCREW will keep up with anyone when you have someone crazy enough to do it (that's me standing behind Noah's truck, BTW)

Last edited:

TiFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The seats fold up in the scab as well. You obviously won't have as much room as a screw but still plenty imo. I had a screw before this and only miss the space and smaller fuel tank on road trips... but seriously, who cares about rear legroom when you're in the drivers seat!

Forgot to mention the big tank... sucks at the pump but great on highway!

OP
OP
NewAgePhilosopher

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
That's true. The bigger tank on the Screw is a plus, but I'm in Dubai, where bottled water is more expensive than fuel, so I'm OK with frequent pump visits. My Cayenne Turbo gets me around 4 kms/l (9.5 mpg) in the city, and I don't expect much better for the Raptor. As for the fast 4-door sedan, I got my Cayenne Turbo for that - gets me from 0-60mph in less than 5s. ;)

The extra legroom/space in the Screw was what mostly had me pick it over the Scab. Towing is a non-concern as I don't own anything I'd need to tow. In fact, the reason I'm going for a Raptor over a conventional 4x4 (a la Toyota LC, Nissan Patrol) is for the occasional use of the truck bed.

I'm aware that there's no more brand new 2014 Scabs available in the USA/Canada, but please correct me if I'm wrong. I had contacted a couple of dealers on E-bay regarding this and that's what they told me. But just out of curiosity, how much would a full option Scab cost in the US (including tax, etc.)? I know I'll be paying much more to the Dubai stealerships (monopolies suck), but I'd like to know how much more.

OP
OP
NewAgePhilosopher

NewAgePhilosopher

Reaction score
So I bit the bullet, sold the '14 Rubicon and got a brand new fully loaded '14 black Raptor Supercab, with blue accent interior. And it's a damn nice looking truck, I must say. Time to start modding my little baby by changing all the stock lights with LEDs and adding some more auxiliary LEDs! Yes, I love lights. :p

Any recommendations fellas? For the stock replacements and aux LEDs?

ARH1956

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reel Raptor is scab sorry crewcab owners.
We Screw owners are devastated, we thought ours was a "reel" Raptor. Now that you've weighed in it's final because your opinion has always been so valuable throughout the entire solar system. Thanks for letting us down easy, LOL.

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I bit the bullet, sold the '14 Rubicon and got a brand new fully loaded '14 black Raptor Supercab, with blue accent interior. And it's a damn nice looking truck, I must say. Time to start modding my little baby by changing all the stock lights with LEDs and adding some more auxiliary LEDs! Yes, I love lights. :p

Any recommendations fellas? For the stock replacements and aux LEDs?

Congrats on the truck and happy to see you picked the best color.