Supercab amp mounting locations??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Y'all,
Im researching out my upcoming audio upgrade. I assumed that I would have room behind the seat to mount some amps, but I hear I may be wrong. I planned on building a 2 sub box under the rear seat, so what options do I have if there isnt enough room behind the seat back? Where are you guys mounting your amps?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you are going to have to mount them on the 1/3 side or under the front seats. if you do mount them under the front seat, you will be limited to certain amps and only a class d amp. the space behind the rear seat is very small. heat would be an issue even if the amp physically fits

OP
OP
Otis857

Otis857

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. I bought some amps a while back for this project (Long before I bought the truck) that I may have to put on the used market. I bought a Zapco Reference 1100.1 to run 2 RE SX10's, which the amp is not thick but fairly long. I also picked up a Tru t4.65 and an Arc CXLR 4150 for the active front stage, center & rear doors.

What small class D amps would you suggest that are small enough to do what I want and still stay in the same quality range as what I have now? God I hate the thought of not being able to use these amps. The Tru may fit under the passenger side rear seat, its not very big.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since class d amps are generally smaller, as long as you can fit it under there, it should work. arc audio, jl audio hd, alpine, etc. i would preferably use the arc audio or jl audio