Sunroofs on gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stoppard stop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forget what its called but it was like 30$ for the bottle. My 2018 ive had since new has 55k on it and no issues with my sunroof, and i use it every opportunity i get. I lube the seals every 3 months and it works great still

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see reference to a procedure for cleaning tracks, lubing, rinsing drains, etc...can someone point me to the roof maintenance procedure? Thanks

Bill Giles

Reaction score
Prior to purchasing my new 2019 Raptor I owned a 2010 F-150 SC. At around 80,000 miles the sunroof froze. Took to local Ford Dealer. Had to replace sunroof - $2000!!. After reading the above posts I believe it was due to lack of lube. All service was done at dealership so I guess the servicing of the sunroof is not part of their standard service.

KevoUsmc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can you provide the TSB, or TSB number? Does the TSB show where to lube, and a cleaning procedure, etc.?
1. Open close sunroof a few times, watching the mechanics
2. Stare at it for another 10 minutes
3. Finish your beer and grab another
4. Franticly lube the **** out of everything
5. Kick back, mission accomplished
6. Repeat steps 1-4 because you're not sure you did it right
LOL that's what I was going for at least

Raptorlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I've seen, the tracks are not the problem. There are some issues from keeping them clean, but not from lubrication. The primarily issue is with the rubber seal surrounding the front glass panel sticking. I just use a small amount of Krytox on that seal every couple months. If parked outside, I'd do it more frequently.

bigdave18629

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Open close sunroof a few times, watching the mechanics
2. Stare at it for another 10 minutes
3. Finish your beer and grab another
4. Franticly lube the **** out of everything
5. Kick back, mission accomplished
6. Repeat steps 1-4 because you're not sure you did it right
LOL that's what I was going for at least
Sounds like my plan, step 7. teach the neighbors a few swear word, step 8 fall off the running boards as I repeated step 3 one too many times.