Sunroof leaking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through the car wash and my sunroof is leaking I'm pissed the truck has 10k miles on it! Anyone else have this problem. e8y4y7e4.jpg4abugepe.jpgu5upama8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Teej119

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you aren't the first, I believe I saw a fix thread on here for it on here somewhere.

dfelicia

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went through the car wash and my sunroof is leaking I'm pissed the truck has 10k miles on it! Anyone else have this problem. e8y4y7e4.jpg4abugepe.jpgu5upama8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Warranty fix. Get in quick and make them dry everything out for you before it has a chance to get moldy. I had a VW with water ingress issues from the start and it was a BITCH. Damn thing leaked for 10 yrs regardless of how many "fixes" the stealership made... truth was that they couldn't find the leak. Mold and stench. Yuck. At least you know where your leak is. (Check that the drain plugs around the sunroof aren't clogged with debris. Blow with compressed air to be sure.)

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had this problem way too many times with all makes and models. I avoid sunroofs at all cost. As mentioned though, make sure they do a thorough job to prevent any possibility of mold and rot.

OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had this problem way too many times with all makes and models. I avoid sunroofs at all cost. As mentioned though, make sure they do a thorough job to prevent any possibility of mold and rot.

Noted sir

Sent from my iPhone

tretopflir

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its why i ordered with out....my 07 expedition has it..only used once....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
McDowell

McDowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the drain plugs weren't installed correctly and my sunroof sat too low apparently

Sent from my iPhone