Sub box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that would retain the factory sub while adding the aftermarket one with a good signal?
I have a hard time trying to figure out why you'd want to put a better sub in but still retain the factory sub.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a hard time trying to figure out why you'd want to put a better sub in but still retain the factory sub.
I guess it's there and since I would just leave it in place, why not have it working. Might help fill in some midbass.

Wolfeman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess it's there and since I would just leave it in place, why not have it working. Might help fill in some midbass.
I guess it's just that a lot of people utilize that space for mounting amp racks and such but I'm sure there are other places you can install the amps. Go T-tap connectors from the sub wires into a LOC and use that to feed your amp signal.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I guess it's just that a lot of people utilize that space for mounting amp racks and such but I'm sure there are other places you can install the amps. Go T-tap connectors from the sub wires into a LOC and use that to feed your amp signal.
Got it, thx

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U got any pics installed? Thinking if the same set up.
Sorry didn’t see this earlier. See attached pic. I couldn’t find much reviews on it but what I found was good. A lot of the stuff around the tw5 driver was older before they released the revision

let me just assure you for the price and fit and finish are worth it. The sound is phenomenal and it hits. Hard.

the only thing I dislike are the brackets to secure it. Requires you to drill into the car. They are completely optional and I think it’s great they include them when many do not

I may try and fin another way to secure it in the event of a crash. But even in normal driving and hard breaking it doesn’t move
6079B4FA-9FDA-4A07-B857-0D9CBE9384E7.jpeg

jraptor33

Reaction score
Sorry didn’t see this earlier. See attached pic. I couldn’t find much reviews on it but what I found was good. A lot of the stuff around the tw5 driver was older before they released the revision

let me just assure you for the price and fit and finish are worth it. The sound is phenomenal and it hits. Hard.

the only thing I dislike are the brackets to secure it. Requires you to drill into the car. They are completely optional and I think it’s great they include them when many do not

I may try and fin another way to secure it in the event of a crash. But even in normal driving and hard breaking it doesn’t move
View attachment 169833
Thank you! Did you have to remove the storage tray under the seat also?

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sigh...do your research....you can't just ad an amp and sub box to the Raptors that are 2018 and up with B&O systems. You have to replace everything.

IF....you can do it yourself....it is around a $2,000 job (to start).........if you have to pay someone to do it....you are looking at $3,000 (to start). Prices go up depending on the cost and quality of your equipment.

If you have zero experience....NO....you can't do it yourself. And if you don't do your research and try and do it on the cheap and not replacing everything, you are just ******* your money away and it will not be an improvement.

Bottom line....you can't just add a sub to a B&O raptor.

The B&O systems uses the factory "sony" amp and hardware and applies a DSP to it. The problem is, as the volume is turned up, the B&O DSP removes bass to try and protect the speakers. So no matter how much power or how big of speakers you throw at it, the B&O amp and DSP are why the systems sounds great at low volume, but also what it sounds so bad when you turn it up. you HAVE to remove it.

to adress the volume concerns....that was my main gaol as well. Replacing the factory amp and speakers in the doors and A pillar + 2 sub woofers 10s or 12's is more then enough.

I can cruise 85mph with the windows down and roof open and hear and feel my music.

Also, dont focus on "wattage" of what ever speakers you are buying. it is the most mis understoof measurement on speakers that doesnt mean what most people think it means. Just make sure you have 4x75-125 watt amp for your doors and pillars, and 400-600 watts for your 2 subs and you will be fine.

my build is a no frills build that gives a great bang for your buck without breaking the bank. Assuming you can do it all yourself. If you cant, add about $1,000 or so labor.

https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/it-is-done-started-my-b-o-replacement-stereo-install.6887 I had zero experience and I changed everything myself .it can be done with no experience .