Stuck in Remote Start mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rockyot

Reaction score
Guys I hope somebody can help me out. I’ve been using remote start all summer with success on my 2014. Lately it won’t come out of the auto start mode for the HVAC system. I’ve tried disconnecting the battery and resetting the computer in the center stack. Neither worked. I am able to adjust the temperature and turn the air-conditioning on and off but I cannot adjust the fan speed at all. Thoughts?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Factory remote start?

Start with ForScan. See if the HVAC module is communicating and whether any DTCs are setting.

OP
OP
Rockyot

Rockyot

Reaction score
Ok I have the cable and have run the dianostics. Here are the codes I find.
HVAC B11FO: 12-08 and 14-08 The selector door actually moves, so don't know where to look for a short?

Now SYNC has started randomly resetting and the Bluetooth no longer sends out a signal. Can't see anything being put out from Ford System.

DSM is sending code B2316-20

BdyCM code B124D:02-8A

APIM code B1215:00-28

PCM code P193C:00-28

Thoughts? Is there commonality somewhere in the grounding of all of these systems?

Thank you for any direction you can give me.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The BCM DTC is related to the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS). P193C is a steering angle sensor DTC and should be disregarded if it’s not related to the symptom or other DTCs are present.

B11F0 is related to the Air Intake Damper Position Sensor. I am not seeing sub code 12 or 14 as valid; only 11 (circuit short to ground) or 15 (circuit short to battery or open). B1215 is an external memory card DTC, it won’t affect the blower motor fan speed,

Try clearing all DTCs and see what returns. Is the system dual zone automatic or single zone manual?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just had a similar problem a month ago, the fan speed was stuck on high.
No matter what I tried.
Since I still have 0 deductible warranty until 11/2022.
I took it to the dealer and they replace the resistor for the fan motor, took 10 minutes.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score