GEN 1 Struggling with Ford Service

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hotsauce2719

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just venting really, but curious if anyone has similar issues with Ford or any other automotive customer service and some advice?

The rear window defroster and heated side mirrors on my 2014 Raptor quit working. I took to the dealer here in Alabama and they said the entire back window would need replaced and that isn't covered under my extended service plan. That seemed fishy so I jumped on the Forum and sure enough, saw about 20 examples of folks with the same problem, all of which seemed to have gotten fixed under warranty or ESP.

So I call Ford Service and ofcourse it is someone who I assume English is a second language, and they do put in a case # for me, but they say it basically comes down to the delear validating. Is there anything I can do if the dealer just won't honor the warranty besides maybe a different dealer?

Second issue, as I am going through the paperwork I forgot that we got the WindshieldCare protection and I took a big rock to the front window a few months ago. On the back of the contract it has an 800 number to call and says call and they will arange for a service provider to come out and fix no matter where the truck is. How great is that, right?

So I call and it is the same ford service people as the first issue. And because of the language barrier I can't get them to understand that my cracked front window is totally seperate than the non-functioning heated mirrors and rear window defroster. They just keep saying I need to talk to the service manager at the dealer in reference to my case number even though I tried to explain that the back of the contract is says to call to have someone sent out within 24 hours.

Didn't we used to have somoene from Ford Service on here? I think her name was Crystal?

Am I just an idiot for thinking the ESP and extra coverages were worth it? If this process was easier it truly would have paid for itself even with just these 2 issues.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
ESP covered my rear window replacement when mine stopped working. They did have to replace the whole thing, which seemed weird, but common.

Yes, the rep's name was Crystal - though I haven't seen her for some time. I don't know where she went.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
So just venting really, but curious if anyone has similar issues with Ford or any other automotive customer service and some advice?

The rear window defroster and heated side mirrors on my 2014 Raptor quit working. I took to the dealer here in Alabama and they said the entire back window would need replaced and that isn't covered under my extended service plan. That seemed fishy so I jumped on the Forum and sure enough, saw about 20 examples of folks with the same problem, all of which seemed to have gotten fixed under warranty or ESP.

So I call Ford Service and ofcourse it is someone who I assume English is a second language, and they do put in a case # for me, but they say it basically comes down to the delear validating. Is there anything I can do if the dealer just won't honor the warranty besides maybe a different dealer?

Second issue, as I am going through the paperwork I forgot that we got the WindshieldCare protection and I took a big rock to the front window a few months ago. On the back of the contract it has an 800 number to call and says call and they will arange for a service provider to come out and fix no matter where the truck is. How great is that, right?

So I call and it is the same ford service people as the first issue. And because of the language barrier I can't get them to understand that my cracked front window is totally seperate than the non-functioning heated mirrors and rear window defroster. They just keep saying I need to talk to the service manager at the dealer in reference to my case number even though I tried to explain that the back of the contract is says to call to have someone sent out within 24 hours.

Didn't we used to have somoene from Ford Service on here? I think her name was Crystal?

Am I just an idiot for thinking the ESP and extra coverages were worth it? If this process was easier it truly would have paid for itself even with just these 2 issues.

yeah Your plight is not uncommon. try calling another time. I appreciate the folks on those lines are trying to help with minimal assistance and it’s probably not their first language, but ugh. if that’s not successful, maybe try the chat or email.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would point out the fact that its an electrical problem that the window needs to be replace not a glass problem!
Ford doesn't replace the electrical heating tape they replace the whole glass.
Just like the sun roof, if a bracket or clip breaks somewhere the whole roof assembly gets replace, it's like $3,500

Good luck

FLeeDog

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue with a Ford dealer in Plano TX. I had my truck in for "Not ready" heated & non-heated O2 sensors as my truck has always had LTH & HFC's with exhaust, intake and tune. For some reason, this year when I put it back to stock tune the sensors don't want to reset so I can get it inspected. In the interim of disconnecting the battery the dealer managing to make my functioning Retrofit HIDS NONFUNCTIONING in the process and can't figure out what happened.

I think FORD, in general, has some pretty crappy service even with the ESP's and warranties. Mine is a 2010 and I just let mine expire this last Oct.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try to forced the issue that you want to speak to person inside the United States. Make it simple as in the rep doesn't understand your situation and you want to speak to someone in the United States. It has worked for me on other occasions with Ford Service and other companies. It make take a bit of "persuasion" but just stay calm and stay on point..."I want to talk to a person in the United States."