Stripped wheel stud - looking for extended length studs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KillerKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rotated the tires the other day and found one of my studs was stripped. I was curious if any one on here as ran extended aftermarket studs like a ARP? Having some trouble coming up with the stock size and length specs? I have a diff cover to install so I was going to tackle the studs at the same time if I have to slide the axles out a little.

I think these are them?
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/arp-100-7703

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

KillerKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I called ford the other day and they don't even know? Said they can only sell the entire hub.

OP
OP
K

KillerKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just stripped out at the moment, it goes on a lot harder then the rest and its a matter of time before it gets broke. I wanna run arp extended studs and a open lug nut.

Bulletnjm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just stripped out at the moment, it goes on a lot harder then the rest and its a matter of time before it gets broke. I wanna run arp extended studs and a open lug nut.

The part number are on the thread along with how to replace them

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Kyle, if your going to use an open nut, then the ARP's should work fine. The front and rear wheel studs have different part numbers, as I found out, they are different lengths.

You do not have to remove the axel to replace them, just the calipers. You will also want to pull the rotors just to make the job easier. GL

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

This pic shows how I installed the new stud: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f52/lug-nut-broke-off-42114/index3.html#post863848

OP
OP
K

KillerKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kyle, if your going to use an open nut, then the ARP's should work fine. The front and rear wheel studs have different part numbers, as I found out, they are different lengths.

You do not have to remove the axel to replace them, just the calipers. You will also want to pull the rotors just to make the job easier. GL

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 PM ----------

This pic shows how I installed the new stud: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f52/lug-nut-broke-off-42114/index3.html#post863848

I was wondering why there was two differnt part numbers and was going to ask you. Thanks for the help!

OP
OP
K

KillerKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I installed the arp studs and gorilla open end lug nuts. The studs have the same Knurl diameter and length but the actual stud diameter is a little smaller. The arp studs are standard 1/2" while the factory are 14-2.0. I mic'd them at .542 and .495.

Do guys see any issue with this? The caliper and wheel will hold the rotors on fine. Just curious if the extra slop will cause the rotor to slam the studs when I brake hard?

---------- Post added at 01:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

image_35.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 PM ----------

image_36.jpg

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

image_37.jpg