Strange looking body gap.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverMoose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably silly and no I have not caught another scab around to look at,,,the gap between my cab and the box is greater on the driver side than it is on passenger. Not just a smigeon, but like half an inch or more. It is an even gap top to bottom so it is not a bend anywhere ,,,any ideas or reasons?

OP
OP
SilverMoose

SilverMoose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't think so. Just got it and no real wear,,plus gaps are even top to bottom on both side. Also gap between rear window/cab area to box it straight and even all the way across...it almost looks like it was meant to be,,,

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

At Rats,,,
. Good to hear,,, was actually running back and forth making sure it was not me,,

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

Any ideas as to why? Imagine OCD people must be flipping their wig when they notice it

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
It's a common problem. I have seen a number of brand new trucks with it. Ford didn't put the beds on straight. Ford should be able to remedy the issue pretty easily.

svtfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah mine was off after the line-x was done. The owner and I just unbolted the bed bolts and made the gaps match perfectly!

-Brian