Strange alarm sound at cold start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rial

Reaction score
I am new to the Forum. Just bought a 2019 Raptor from a Ford dealer a week ago. When I cold start the truck there is an alarm sound that sounds like a Star Wars lightsaber fight. It is intermittent about 5-6 times then stops. Does not occur if I turn off and back on again. Has anyone experienced the same?
Thank you, Rial

COBRA90GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably gotta wait for the air brakes to build pressure... LOL

Might want to post up a short video clip if you can so others know what it sounds like ? G'luck 2nd Genner & may the force be with you !

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is weird. If it sounded like a lightsaber I would gladly trade trucks. Lol My 19 doesn’t do that so not sure.

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an ELT. Emergency locator transmitter. Is it possible there is some kind of lojack device on the vehicle?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rial

Rial

Reaction score
Never thought of that but will check out ASAP. Would be disappointed with the Ford dealer who sold it to me as CPO and didn’t know about a tracking device. Thank you