Strange alarm sound at cold start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I knew I recognized that sound... It's bernadette from big bang theory. Look for her hiding in the truck next to baby yoda.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rial

Rial

Reaction score
That’s the sound. It’s actually more like a Star Trek phaser gun set on stun mode. I appreciate all the humor. Helps to remind me that it’s a quality problem.

squeak11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the sound. It’s actually more like a Star Trek phaser gun set on stun mode. I appreciate all the humor. Helps to remind me that it’s a quality problem.
In all seriousness, that's an irritating sound so I hope you get it sorted quickly and inexpensively. Or at least understand its purpose.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck with your new truck, like other members have said that is definitely an aftermarket sound. Most come on to let you know they are functioning My Mitsubishi 3000GTVR4 had something similar ahr it was fo a hidden radar detector. I would poke around first to see where it is coming from and look for anything that doesn't look like its from the factory, crimped wires, electrical tape, zip ties etrc.
You can also call the dealer and ask him to call the previous owner, I did have that happen with a Jeep I traded in, I ran a spare set of wires to the back and they didn't know what they were for. Funny though the Dealer would not let me speak directly to the person who bought my Jeep. Sad because there were a few hidden things I forgot to tell the dealer about

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe a radar detector? Do you see any lights flashing on your dash?
Could be, back in the day there were states that banned them, not sure if it's still true. So the second best thing was a remote mount.
You can always check it out by blasting past a trooper doing speed checks but it might cost ya.

OP
OP
Rial

Rial

Reaction score
No lights on or around dash. My Raptor is now at the shop getting a base plate installed so I can flat tow behind RV. Will inspect for all the above mentioned when it returns. Thanks everyone