Stock shock blown, replacement backordered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty pissed off about my shocks at the moment. Passenger side front shock gave up the ghost. Fluid leak and not performing correctly. Called the dealer and they said they would order replacement. Sounds good so far. Until they called back. Ford only wants to replace one front shock under warranty. I could purchase the second front shock for $853.30 if I want to replace both at the same time. Then they offer up the bad news. According to them the shocks are on back order until at least the middle of June.

I have several problems with this situation. First off, am I out of line thinking both shocks should be replaced at the same time? Truck is a 2013 with 21K miles(quite a few off road). Not sure why Ford wants to replace only one but, that is there position. Secondly, I have a hard time believing the shocks are unavailable for over a month.

Time to seriously debate going to 3.0 instead I guess. Anybody have thoughts on replacing only 1 shock instead of the pair? Thoughts on the back-order situation? :think:

OP
OP
Labraptor

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is good advice. It just irritates me that it is covered under warranty but still can't get done. Upgrading is probably the way to go. Would have done that last year but the company I wanted shocks from didn't deliver.

1stSFG

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would be pretty pissed as well. I say you speak to the service manager and give them the very valid reasons you indicated. You'll likely get the hands in the air song and dance, then you hit em with the grand slam. You ask to get an appointment with the zone rep from Ford. You also may be entitled to a loaner car if you want one until it's resolved.

---------- Post added at 08:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 AM ----------

The ****** thing is those wheels move slowly. It will likely take a few weeks to procure that appointment.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Crappy deal for sure, Nick has a good point on going to a different dealer. That may work if not
email me if you want ICON's and I can see what I can do for you.

hosseface

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just another reason in my book where new car warranties are basically worthless.

Ford seems to be getting really bad about not wanting to warranty anything, and if they do, it will be half way like that.

Very annoying for sure. Good luck.

And to add... Its amazing how the dealers just don't care how long a vehicle sits around waiting on parts. They all have that "It'll be here when it gets here" mentality.