Steering Wheel Vibration?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Dealer says they have a road force machine.
Which is nice and all, but make sure they actually USE it. Because if you don’t request a R/F balance, you’ll get the cheapest they think will do the job.

I use Discount Tire, they have balanced on and checked with multiple machines. We even broke down the tire/wheel so we could rotate the tire on the wheel.
They worked out great for me. I got a really bad balance on one wheel last time out at the stealership, they don’t have road force balance. Had it revisited while on vacation, and then finally discount tire to road force balance. They fixed it 98% in less than an hour. I have what I believe is one tire that’s either out of round or not as easily balanced.

If you go back to the Jen Too roll out here on FRF, you’d find multiple complaints of trucks with vibration, out of balance KO2’s and some being replaced, and some replaced more than once. The KO2’s are notorious for being a challenge to balance correctly. I still have the factory wheels with all the weights on them; they were PERFECTLY balanced, but one of them had ~22 ounces of weights on it, and another was just over a pound.

All the tire places I’ve been to have scoffed at that much to balance a tire but I’d much rather have extra tire weights an a perfect ride, than a 95-99% ride with only 6 ounces of weights.

BIZZnice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i bet theyre still not balanced well. discount tire techs are necessarily good and just go off the "smart balance" suggestions from the machine. i went to two dif discount tires for road force balances and they were horrific. a local shop with experienced techs and a hunter machine solved the issues for me. i had them balance the stock wheels and tires for me after a few thousand miles as i also noticed a slight jitter in the wheel/cabin at highway speeds. problem solved.
I can look up other shops near me that have Hunter Force, It's just a matter of rebalancing? Or could there me an electronic or suspension component issue as well? I notice it get worse the faster I go, 55mph+ and typically testing it by taking my hands off the wheel to see if there is any pull to either side and how much the steering wheel is shaking.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can look up other shops near me that have Hunter Force, It's just a matter of rebalancing? Or could there me an electronic or suspension component issue as well? I notice it get worse the faster I go, 55mph+ and typically testing it by taking my hands off the wheel to see if there is any pull to either side and how much the steering wheel is shaking.
that sounds like a balance issue 100%