Startup thrashing noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe if everyone starts clicking that little excalamation point (Report to Moderator) on his posts, the mods will get tired of seeing his crap. I've had him on my ignore list for a while, but I think I need to take him off just so I can start reporting him.
He really is ******** up an aweful lot of great threads.

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This may have been addressed already but when I start my cold truck up, I hear 3-5 seconds of thrashing from the engine that sounds like cam chain lash...

Anyone else having this sound and know what it is?

Give this thread a read. And watch videos

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sh...forum.com/showthread.php?t=54715&share_type=t

Last post is link to new thread that leads to his engine replacement (someone posted that linkcearlier). Tldr is dealer put new cam phasers in and they made the same sound. So the conclusion is/was that the oil passages that feed them are compromised. So they are now installing a new engine longblock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may have been addressed already but when I start my cold truck up, I hear 3-5 seconds of thrashing from the engine that sounds like cam chain lash...

Anyone else having this sound and know what it is?

Man..I have a '17 and does the same..

costnsg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 17 makes the rattling noise on startup for about 3 seconds. It is especially noticeable when I use remote start and can listen from outside the vehicle.

As for the auto stop/start, I deactivated that aggravating feature.