Stainless Works - Long Tubes & Cat Discussion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Seems like you have already covered the basics.
I mention the header bolts because people did see them coming loose and ordered the bolt retaining clips.
You may have to do a smoke test at the dealer to figure out the idle hunting.
I had to do it with mine, couldn't find why I was running lean. Turns out it was the purge canister valve was leaking under vibration .
You just can't see or hear little tiny air leaks.

Steelhead

Reaction score
Here's a thought, What are the chances that your cats are completely blown out and are plugging up your exhaust system somewhere?

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If cats were blown it would technically be an open exhaust. The O2 sensors were not fowled when I pulled them.

I will be working on the truck this week to clean the 1 extension wire and 2 call stainless works to as WTF. Again working with several variables so need to start checking off one by one.

purge canister valve issue. Any more details on that or DIY? @MTF

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was using the purge valve as an example for your idle hunting.
Couldn't see it myself when checking it, smoke test showed leak when tech moved hoses.

Last edited:
OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok so here is the really skinny now. Talked to a few people in areas involved.

1) if you run long tubes and even with cats, you must run a tune to code them to either A. be gone or B. be de-tuned as flow volume is so high.

2) running 02 spacers is not advised

For the idle issue, I wanted to look at that Purge vale. Any other info on that so I can inspect it and or replace?

Deanwam8

Reaction score
I would love to know how this turned out...as I have Borla Long tubes....and am trying to figure out if it's even feasible to patch CATs in and pass...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Jimster58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so here is the really skinny now. Talked to a few people in areas involved.

1) if you run long tubes and even with cats, you must run a tune to code them to either A. be gone or B. be de-tuned as flow volume is so high.

2) running 02 spacers is not advised

For the idle issue, I wanted to look at that Purge vale. Any other info on that so I can inspect it and or replace?

Replacing the canister purge valve, if that's whats being referred to here, is a quick 30-minute replacement and the part is ~$50.