Stage 4 CRP Turbos Revisted (ZFGRACING)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah no E50 here and a lot more than 2K.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
oh Im aware. I cant wait to see what you put down on the dyno and on the track. Just saying I think it would be cool to see a $2k modded raptor match the TRX on screen.

So are we saying an E-85 tune, upgraded IC and either a HPFP or injectors gets you to mid 12’s in the quarter? E-50 a little slower but no fuel system mods?

Just a little curious. As a comparison to what I’m hearing
On the TRX.

zfgracing

Reaction score
A cool idea, but there are people in mid-low 12's with just a FMIC and E50 tune. I think it would be cooler to show TFL that only ~$2000 gets you there.
I don't see many customers running raptors but I've seen 12.1 on draggy with e85, intercooler and intake. Under 4k in mods, under 3 if you do it on the cheap.

Just be careful the dodge guys very offended! I tuned an explorer st that beat a track hawk and they lost their minds with excuses. Completely ignoring the fact that the Explorer started out $30,000 less than a trackhawk... it was funny to watch.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

zfgracing

Reaction score
So are we saying an E-85 tune, upgraded IC and either a HPFP or injectors gets you to mid 12’s in the quarter? E-50 a little slower but no fuel system mods?

On the TRX.
Low 12s on e85 if you are talking stock tire size. No added weight etc.

D

Deleted member 17706

On the TRX.

According to Goose, that can get you 500-520 whp, so that can’t be that far off from what @Guy is producing for a lot less money. I want to drive up and feel how @Guy truck run. As of right now, I am not interested in spending what he spent on engine mods given that the Gen 3 info will likely be released by this summer, but if there are not a lot of upgrades on the new Raptor, then I may be interested in doing something more than a tune, FMIC, and HPFP.

@zfgracing when doing a build like @Guy or a full blown engine overhaul with @RMB_Ryan 4.2 set up, how reliable of an engine are we talking about long term? The engine ought be bullet proof for many years to come? I don’t care about having the most power and pushing the truck to the point it blows, just something reliable.

zfgracing

Reaction score
According to Goose, that can get you 500-520 whp, so that can’t be that far off from what @Guy is producing for a lot less money. I want to drive up and feel how @Guy truck run. As of right now, I am not interested in spending what he spent on engine mods given that the Gen 3 info will likely be released by this summer, but if there are not a lot of upgrades on the new Raptor, then I may be interested in doing something more than a tune, FMIC, and HPFP.

@zfgracing when doing a build like @Guy or a full blown engine overhaul with @RMB_Ryan 4.2 set up, how reliable of an engine are we talking about long term? The engine ought be bullet proof for many years to come? I don’t care about having the most power and pushing the truck to the point it blows, just something reliable.

Here is one I did on e85 in 2019. E85 was 180 hp over stock and 80 over 93 tune. I did his brothers Expedition with the exact same mods even down to the brand and picked up over 200 wheel horsepower thanks to the extra half a point of compression the none ho has.

Now in terms of longevity those 2 levels are pretty sustainable again as long as the torque is well-managed and a whole host of variables. For example if your guys's oil is even a little tiny but under full when you launch you are going to see an oil pressure drop and that oil pressure drop is going to kill your bearings and the lower you are at oil the longer that oil pressure drop is going to last for in terms of first gear and second gear and sometimes into third gear and then it's all over [emoji38]. A good side note is pretty much all of my fast F150 guys and even Explorer St guys are running a half quart over full. Totally different discussion I'm getting sidetracked.

Either way 180-200 hp over stock on stock turbos is where you need to stop sometimes less depending on other factors. What normally starts to happen if you try to push Beyond it and you can push Beyond it because there is still turbo left but what's going to happen is you're going to start seeing head gasket failures (or worse) from excessive back pressure. In my opinion if you keeping the peak torque the same you are safer making 550 hp on stage 4s then you are making 530 on stock turbos.

That being said you aren't going increase power by 200 hp and still get 200,000 miles out of of a motor. You decreasing the longevity of your motor and increasing the chance of a catastrophic event. By how much really depends. And it also depends on how well you take care of it if you're running 6 7000 miles on an oil change and using crappy oil well you know what's going to happen. ecba56544c3964cfbb52bf65b5022a38.jpg

Reaction score

On the TRX.
She has a stock location AMS intercooler and E50 tune from 5 star. 12.58

I'm currently running a MPT E50 tune on first revision with no concrete results, but roughly 4.2 0-60mph and flat 13.0 on a GPS drag app.

Reaction score
Now in terms of longevity those 2 levels are pretty sustainable again as long as the torque is well-managed and a whole host of variables. For example if your guys's oil is even a little tiny but under full when you launch you are going to see an oil pressure drop and that oil pressure drop is going to kill your bearings and the lower you are at oil the longer that oil pressure drop is going to last for in terms of first gear and second gear and sometimes into third gear and then it's all over [emoji38]. A good side note is pretty much all of my fast F150 guys and even Explorer St guys are running a half quart over full. Totally different discussion I'm getting sidetracked.

That's actually great info to know, thank you for sharing.

RMB_Ryan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's actually great info to know, thank you for sharing.
There is one oil pan at 295 and 37-56 dollars shipping which is machined and addresses any of the so-called issues of stock oil pans which we haven’t ever seen.

This is increasing the sump and oil capacity by 2-4.5 quarts with trap doors and we have them in our machine being made now, and the only fix unless $14-15,900 is not cheap ajd can swing the cost and truest want a proper oiling system with true scavenging

Not one oil pan oem or alike is comparable to our cheapest pan all aluminum as it is machined and the photo posted is the only other than dry sump will adress all issues and properly fix your issue if you want it fixed

Available as quick as needed and oring sealedd5271cf77ab0211d7be8d7783b30a733.jpg
68a144d4227bd5de9471a04dfa5f95dd.jpg
4fdfe7a02e57028b697154ff97052e69.jpg
e814465dd3735d6f978801edaecd2d8e.jpg
b27f4e55f77ffd4ad52aaf1c011ea696.jpg
44c5574584dfa4bb0ff8ea9ce0d8abdf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk