Stage 4 CRP Turbos Revisted (ZFGRACING)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will watch the thread.

Once I hit 100k, and hopefully we are still a solid nation with working and able bodies; I will get a full rebuild on the engine by Ryan and upgrade turbos. I will go for the 600WHP+ setup.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
While there is never zero risk, And we have heard from a few big names in the business. Is there any agreeable WHP and Torque figures that are ok to run up to say either on E-85 or 93 octane on the stock motor and still retain very good reliability?

This thread is more geared towards people who want to push things to max power levels obviously, with major mods. Just curious about rule of thumb on the 3.5 H.O.

aircooledTOM

Reaction score
While there is never zero risk, And we have heard from a few big names in the business. Is there any agreeable WHP and Torque figures that are ok to run up to say either on E-85 or 93 octane on the stock motor and still retain very good reliability?

This thread is more geared towards people who want to push things to max power levels obviously, with major mods. Just curious about rule of thumb on the 3.5 H.O.

What he said....

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are no guarantees.

From what I’m finding... a good tuner who really knows the intricacies of the engine... who can tune close to the edge without crossing it.... will get you in the neighborhood of 600 horsepower and 575 torque, reliably on a stock block.

there have been raptors reported doing more and there have been some reported handling less. Probably also coming into play is how good of a factory specimen you’ve gotten and also, how hard you push it after it’s done.

I personally don’t have access to Ethanol... so I’m limited to 93 pump and boostane... so my Torque and horsepower is heavily limited by virtue of my fuel. I’m probably only making low or mid 500 torque and horsepower. I’ll know when I get back the rollers, but it definitely isn’t anywhere near ethanol numbers. It definitely hit my expectations in terms of performance though. It’s wicked fast compared to my stock turbos.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t have a dyno graph to tell the story, but I will get it back on the rollers. The power comes on quickly with excellent throttle response and it builds to a neck snapping level of acceleration. I’m not kidding.... I’ve been trying to use my dragy box to get a good set of numbers to post but I’m absolutely roasting the tires in 4A to the point that I can’t get the launch right. I’m spinning all 4 tires with full on squealing like I just robbed a bank in a Steven Segal movie.

Hey have you had a chance to get any hard numbers or maybe a video showing a 4wd burnout :)

Enquiring minds want to know!!!

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not yet.

I have a dyno date in February. I can tell you though that at peak RPM I have about 64-65 (it varies by the conditions) lb/min of flow. My old tune has a dyno graph that I think is Real (maybe?) and logs 58 lb/min of flow and made 506.6 horsepower.

I forget off the top of my head but at the hit, if I remember I backsolved for around 525-550 lb/feet of torque. My previous tune was in the 480s.

So if I had to guess... I think on the rollers it will make low, approaching mid 500 torque and low to mid 500 horsepower.

stock turbos on a stock tune on gas for my truck was around 450 horsepower and 500 torque. So it’s a nice bump that’s palpable. It translates into spinning Toyo RTs in 4A or 4WD On a boosted launch.

I gave up trying. I tweaked my powerstop brakes and rotors and had them groaning for a week of driving before they smoothed back out. I’m too much of an amateur. I think I’m going to overstress the drivetrain too, due to lack of skill. I fully admit it... no racing skills here.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another member posted this on another thread and it looks like you have a good chance of making a TRX owner upset. Lol

zfgracing

Reaction score
Highly likely on e85, but at the same time they could also get tuned on e85. Dollar for dollar though I think it would be pretty easy to take down a trx.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk