Stage 2/2+ Hard Parts and Off The Shelf Maps Now Available!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwylie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone having any issues with the fitment on the downpipes? They dont line up without tension applied and when forced to line up it hits the heat shield. Shop called Cobb and their response was well it might rattle. I dont think a rattle is acceptable on a $1400 part.

2019-03-04 (1).jpg

2019-03-04.jpg

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious as to how they sound!!!

Anyone having any issues with the fitment on the downpipes? They dont line up without tension applied and when forced to line up it hits the heat shield. Shop called Cobb and their response was well it might rattle. I dont think a rattle is acceptable on a $1400 part.

View attachment 119797

View attachment 119798

texasflyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The shop that installed my Cobb downpipes said the first time they bolted everything up, it wasn't clearing the heat shield so they had to loosen some of the bolts a little to get everything centered before retightening all the bolts. I'm not experiencing any rattle with it installed.

Curious as to how they sound!!!
With DP installed and stock cat-back exhaust, cold starts are a little louder, heavy throttle is much louder, idle or cruising at low RPMs is basically the same as stock. When I first got it installed, I kept thinking I left my rear window open. Overall sound is definitely deeper and a little throaty under throttle. If you're looking for a real deep V8 sound, you'll probably be disappointed. I didn't get the DP for sound, mainly to squeeze out a little extra power for future performance mods and tuning, but I like the way it sounds. If your goal is to wake up the neighbors, I'm sure pairing these DPs with a cat-back exhaust would go a long way.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just noticed that there’s a coolant reservoir cover. Looks awesome!

Do you need to flash stage 2 and what gains we looking at?