Squeaking polyurethane bushings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My ready lift lower controls arms are squealing like a stuck pig. This will be the third time I have removed them to relabel. I am using the formula 4 poly grease but it only seems to last about 4 days of off-roading and they start to squeak and when I mean squeak it sounds like a old garbage truck coming down the road. When I take them apart the poly material is almost melted to the bushing.
I phoned ready lift and all they said was you need to expect noise as it is a off road suspension kit.
I have slotted the insides of the bushing so it holds more grease and also have installed grease fittings but both ideas are not really helping.
I am now thinking of trying to get some bushing made of delrin.
Has anyone else found a solution.

Jonah x 3

Reaction score
Hey Beadblaster, Mine does the same thing when I go in the mud. If I rinse it with water really good it will usually stop the squeaking fairly quick. Was wondering if you changed to the Delrin's, and how that worked for you?

OP
OP
beadblaster

beadblaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did have some delrin bushings made and so far so good. I am heading out on a 5 week off road tip thru Washington,Idaho,Montana,Wyoming South Dakota and then back on the Oregon trail to Idaho so they will get a good workout and Hopefully they hold up and do not squeak. When I had the bushings made I had the machine shop put a slight bevel on the outside surface of the bushing.

The other thing I noticed when they stated to squeak really bad the lower rear control arm bolts would start to back out so I have installed longer bolts and am going to double nut them.

Jonah x 3

Reaction score
Hope that works for you. Let me know how they do. Might be interested in doing same fix. Have a good trip.