GEN 2 Squeak Behind IP / Lower Windshield?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zach Bowling

Reaction score
My 2017 Gen 2 (~80k miles) has developed the worlds most annoying squeak when driving down bumpy roads. It sounds like it is coming from the drivers side somewhere towards the lower front of the windshield and/or behind the IP in that area. Has anyone else dealt with something similar or have any advice on where I should check before I pay the dealer to look?

OP
OP
Zach Bowling

Zach Bowling

Reaction score
My 2017 Gen 2 (~80k miles) has developed the worlds most annoying squeak when driving down bumpy roads. It sounds like it is coming from the drivers side somewhere towards the lower front of the windshield and/or behind the IP in that area. Has anyone else dealt with something similar or have any advice on where I should check before I pay the dealer to look?
Bumping, still no resolution. Anyone else?

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Not sure you needed to "bump" it. It was only two threads down.

Did not experience that squeak on my 2018.

LeadFootLarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some squeaking (typically when cold out) over bumps from some of the trim and paneling around where the steering wheel column meets the instrument cluster