Squatting Dog Racing up to something crazy again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually, if Bullrun fell through this year I was going to do the hot rod power tour, and catch Carlisle nationals on the way back home.

I agree with Whtrapta, Sportscars drove the Raptor like it was a sportscar. It surprised me, and a lot of people following us through the hills of Virgina and West Virgina. You don't have to worry about cheating the corner and dropping a tire off the paved road or shoulder.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Last edited:

MTUH3

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Go for it Greg, I have thought of the same event many times. The Rapt can hold its own on the street, push it baby.

SPRSNK

I Void Warranties
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, if Bullrun fell through this year I was going to do the hot rod power tour, and catch Carlisle nationals on the way back home.

I agree with Whtrapta, Sportscars drove the Raptor like it was a sportscar. It surprised me, and a lot of people following us through the hills of Virgina and West Virgina. You don't have to worry about cheating the corner and dropping a tire of the paved road or shoulder.

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

You have to watch for cattle, vultures through the windshield and the occasional local who ignores that the road is closed.

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have friends who have done this many times. Its a hellofalot of fun, for sure. But pay attention to what Cerberos said. His advise matches theirs any time we talk about it. Except they'll go on to say this run is why they have a dedicated race car that is SUPER modified specifically for it (and other races like it).

While there are classifications for "street vehicles" you will find that even they tend to be highly modified/prepped vehicles. Even the exotics from Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche etc. are typically worked over.

In the open class, dedicated tube frame chassis with 500+ cubic inch, blown, engines, dominate. Think NASCAR with unlimited restrictions on power and BIG, carbon fiber brake systems. The incredible hardware at the tech session and start line are worth the trip all by themselves.

During the era I ran the race, a late 60's (67' - 69'), tube framed, Camaro with a big block (I think it was a 572ci monster) absolutely owned the race. This beast was purpose built by a family out of the mid-West and it screamed.

I have to admit, I never saw a truck, let alone a 4x4 run the race. Even though my knowledge is a bit dated, I think a Raptor would draw a lot of attention, just for the novelty factor.

Last edited:

Banned
Reaction score
do it.

busa.gif

KX250R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greg, I think you would have a blast! Go for it! We might be doing some testing in Barstow around then and if you are there we just might come on over and cheer for you!