Squatting Dog Racing up to something crazy again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If competing in the 2013 Bullrun Rally was not crazy enough..

I am seriously considering entering the Squatting Dog Raptor into the Silver State Classic.

http://www.sscc.us/

I know, I know the Raptor is NOT a race car/truck by any means. Since this is my first year, I will be capped at max speed of 124mph anyways. I am thinking of entering the 95mph class which the Raptor is very capable to run 95mph for 90 miles on a closed road.. :) Since this is a timed event I will need to drive the Raptor 90 miles in exactly 56:8421..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

OP
OP
Squatting Dog

Squatting Dog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just want to push the Raptor in every conceivable way.. Do the unexpected (sometimes foolish) and prove to the naysayers how capable the Raptor is in EVERY environment..

-Greg (aka squatting dog)

Cerberos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did this run several times in the late 90's and early 2000's. It's a nearly flat out shot with some sweeping curves and one nasty decreasing radius curve that has bit more than a few contestants.

Very, very demanding on the engine and cooling systems. If you choose to do this, you will need to prove that the tires you are running are rated to match your class. Also, pay close attention to the safety rules as they actively look for reasons to DQ you before you ever roll up to the start.

Hell of an experience to say the least.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have friends who have done this many times. Its a hellofalot of fun, for sure. But pay attention to what Cerberos said. His advise matches theirs any time we talk about it. Except they'll go on to say this run is why they have a dedicated race car that is SUPER modified specifically for it (and other races like it).

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you ever going to do the Hot Rod Power Tour just for fun? Not really a race though, but it can if you want it to be.