Springs vs Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSouders80

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A couple of months ago, I pulled a 20’ car trailer loaded with a 4500 lb car on the trailer.

When I pulled the car up on the trailer where I would normally park, the shocks on my raptor were squatting bad.

I have the Fox 3.0’s on the rear. Only have 2000 miles on the shocks. My springs are stock. I tightened down the low compression and high compression all of the way.

I had to really mess with my setup to get it somewhat acceptable to pull. Different hitch to move the ball as close as possible to the rear of the truck and I had to park way further back on the trailer to get most weight off of the tongue.

How do I alleviate this? I’ve read about some running air bags. But wouldn’t that limit suspension travel? A friend/salesman says I need the deaver +3 springs. I had almost pulled the trigger on the deavers previously, but opted for rpg traction bars with my setup.

Thanks in advance

Brian